humpity hump hump

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Malli » January 8th, 2007, 12:21 pm

roscoe is the little itty bitty puppy you just got right? I bet he doesn't even know what he's doing or why he's doing it, so I wouldn't worry :|
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby luvmypitties » January 8th, 2007, 1:12 pm

I was hoping that he wasnt already trying to prove dominance!!!! We werent too concerned just too funny to see his little butt move and groovin on his bear!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby babyreba » January 8th, 2007, 1:32 pm

On Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:01 am, dogged wrote:Reba,

If prong/verbal corrections haven't stopped the behavior, I would probably put Doc in a time out over this. It's pretty darn rude behavior. When he starts, tell him "TIME OUT" and grab him by the collar and cart him off to some boring area and put him in time out for a few minutes. Then let him loose. There's nothing a dog hates more than social isolation. Be consistant. I'd also start some NILIF with him to let him know that the only boss around your house is you.

oh, it's beyond rude, and we don't let him do it. doesn't stop him from trying though.

doc lives in a chronic state of working for his privileges, and he's not the kind of dog that responds to a simple prong or verbal correction . . . he needs to learn to work to earn everything and you constantly have to work to remind him of that. he's just lost most of his house privileges, for now, so he's back to square one: separated from the other dogs 90 percent of the time and restricted to 2 specific areas in the house (kitchen, basement) except when i have good reason to take him out to practice indoor obedience with him, bathe him, permit him a bit of time in a down/stay on lead and near my feet.

sucks for doc, but he obviously can't control himself with that much freedom in the house so he just can't have it.

he'll learn. it may take him till he's 12 years old. but he'll get it eventually.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby brooksybrooks1 » January 13th, 2007, 2:46 am

i'm trying to do a similar thing with brooks, just take him down a few notches, but i'm not too far into it yet, have you had success with it? do you think he is starting to understand?
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby babyreba » January 13th, 2007, 12:23 pm

well, it's probably going to be an ongoing process . . . he was allowed out for a while yesterday and was praised for being calm and as soon as he started getting riled up (but before he even got so excited that he wanted to hump) we put him right back into the kitchen alone.

we did that again today.

and we'll do it over and over and over and over and over . . . until he finally starts to recognize that he only gets time in the house with us when he remains calm and in control.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby call2arms » January 15th, 2007, 11:56 am

Oh, I hope it works soon for your little manic humper...

Jessie gets kinda excited when it's time for a walk, whenever I get her coat off it's hook, and try to put it on her, she tries to grab it and hump it. Since she's technically in a sit, I just push her humping arse on the floor and tell her to stay. She dosen't think it's funny how she isn,t even allowed to hump her own stuff... lol

Occasionally she'll hump people at parties that are waaaay too nice with her (aka letting her lick them even in the mouth, EEW, playing fetch with her without making her do a sit or a trick first, even though I tell them ) and all of a sudden she decides to take all that love to the next level... By grabbing their leg and humping it. So I pull her off and make her do a long down stay. Boo hoo.

Tha only time I let her do it is when we were at a party and my friend's a*shole boyfriend was drunk and "too nice" with her. He passed by, she humped his leg and he tripped and landed on his face. Good for him (that guy really is scum). Mwahah.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby mnp13 » January 15th, 2007, 12:32 pm

Riggs has now started humping anyone / anything that is intact... including my father. He was not amused.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » January 15th, 2007, 12:55 pm

oh dear! Riggs IS a horny little bastard!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby mnp13 » January 15th, 2007, 1:23 pm

No, Riggs is a dominant little monster. He has not done it to me, and when he does he will have a CTJ moment like none he has ever seen. We have had a few issues around him acting dominant, but that will be waaaaay beyond what I will tolerate from him.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby call2arms » January 15th, 2007, 2:08 pm

Is Riggs neutered? Just asking... Last you would want is have him finish it off on your dad... Or on anyone for that matter. Not that you would let that happen...

Though you may want to use him to chase away unwanted guests. Bye-bye, mother in law! lol *Nothing against Demo's mom here, it was just a funny image*...
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby mnp13 » January 15th, 2007, 2:15 pm

No, he is not neutered and probably won't be as I am still competing with him.

He did not finish with my dad, as he was stopped as soon as he started. Yes he has finished on other things before.

He has not humped any females (human or canine), Ruby would kick the crap out of him, my cat would remove more than one body part, and I won't be kind either.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » January 15th, 2007, 5:42 pm

so I'm guessing that we don't think dominance plays a role in weather or not the dog finishes?

I was leaning towards thinking a dominant dog wouldn't finish...

but of course what michelle is saying is pretty well opposite.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby mnp13 » January 15th, 2007, 5:58 pm

Well, he only humps things that he would want to dominate - other males and bitework equipment. If he was just horny I would assume he would hump lots of things.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » January 16th, 2007, 4:48 am

On January 15 2007, mnp13 wrote:Well, he only humps things that he would want to dominate - other males and bitework equipment. If he was just horny I would assume he would hump lots of things.

oh I'm sorry but eee hee hee hee ! :lol3:
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Asta » January 16th, 2007, 7:45 am

Guinness is a pushy people humper too :evil: And yeah, she humps people that allows her to walk allover them by, for example, having her "tell" them to pet her for instance.
Its frustrating and embarressing to say the least.
She will even have an attitude when getting smacked on the a$$ for doing it, which leads to another smack and a staring competition, which she has never won.

Ã…sa

Ps Best of luck with handsome Doc!!!
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior