That's the poop

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 11th, 2006, 5:26 pm

Ok

This is kind of a strange question...

Does anyone else's dog lift his leg to poop????

He doesn't do it all the time but if he is near something to lift his leg on he will often lift his leg to poop
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Romanwild » February 11th, 2006, 5:51 pm

Dreyfus does once in a while but I think his original intention is to pee and then no.2 happens. :|

I always hope that no one is looking when he does it. :oops: :lookaround: :backRoll:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 11th, 2006, 5:57 pm

LOL I'm glad Patcheeno isn't the only one

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby msvette2u » February 11th, 2006, 6:05 pm

I've seen puppies do that...they squat and then squat again and realize they need to do something different than squat. LOL
I have seen small breed dogs lift up one hind leg to go #2, oddly enough...like they need that extra leverage to get it out...LOL I wonder if they have similar conversations amongst themselves (Hey Fido, did you see Jim in the bathroom this AM?? Boy he was a gruntin' for sure!)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 11th, 2006, 6:32 pm

We had an Italian Greyhound that boarded with us who pushed so hard when he pooped that he would completely lift his hind legs off the ground the whole time.

And right now I have a female Springer Spaniel who does handstands to pee . . . but that one's obviously dominance. The other one was just a dork :dance:
Last edited by SisMorphine on February 11th, 2006, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby msvette2u » February 11th, 2006, 7:32 pm

:screamLaugh:
msvette2u
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 11th, 2006, 7:39 pm

well, since we're on the topic...

does your dog show when he poops?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby msvette2u » February 11th, 2006, 10:59 pm

Show...? You mean...his business??? :?
msvette2u
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 11th, 2006, 11:13 pm

msvette2u wrote:Show...? You mean...his business??? :?

red rocket
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » February 11th, 2006, 11:26 pm

mnp13 wrote:well, since we're on the topic...

I haven't noticed, but now I'm gonna have to investigate. Thanks a lot!!!!! :rolleyes2:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby msvette2u » February 11th, 2006, 11:47 pm

mnp13 wrote:
msvette2u wrote:Show...? You mean...his business??? :?

red rocket

Ah yes his "business". LOL
Ours don't I don't think!!!!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 12th, 2006, 12:11 am

SisMorphine wrote:I haven't noticed, but now I'm gonna have to investigate. Thanks a lot!!!!! :rolleyes2:

:fastRoll:

I ain't makin you do nothin'
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pocketpit » February 12th, 2006, 6:32 am

I have boys that have to poop against or on something. They don't lift their legs but definately insist on pooping against a tree or the fence if at all possible. Won't do it anywhere else, weirdos.
Kade sometimes pulls the poop/red rocket deal :rolleyes2:
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 12th, 2006, 9:46 am

mnp13 wrote:well, since we're on the topic...

LOL Yes, sometimes they do

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby bustersmama » February 14th, 2006, 5:20 pm

Um, on this subject - Ginger, for the first time LIFTED (or attempted) her leg to PEE! Talk about confused dog!

Buster is always "showing" when he takes a poo. Most of the time, its to much to look at and I have to look away.

yes, i have to watch Buster poop most days to make sure he hasnt eaten anything he wasnt suppose to and pull it out of his ass...tyvm or maybe now it is just habit...
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » February 14th, 2006, 6:25 pm

Ben "shows" everytime he goes. :rolleyes2: Of course, it never helps he has to have an audience and refuses to poop privately.. :shake:
Jenn
undecided

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 14th, 2006, 10:05 pm

bustersmama wrote:Um, on this subject - Ginger, for the first time LIFTED (or attempted) her leg to PEE! Talk about confused dog!

One of my females will also ocassionally lift her leg too LOL

There is one down the street from me that does it all the time

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby msvette2u » February 15th, 2006, 12:58 am

Our dogs will barely go when they are on a leash, they hate pooping in front of us!! LOL
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Training & Behavior