I just can't afford...

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby iluvk9 » January 14th, 2007, 10:00 am

The right size dog bed for Truman. So, he tries to fit in Darlene's.

Here is the real owner of that bed;

iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SisMorphine » January 14th, 2007, 10:14 am

Hahahaha! He looks so sad that he doesn't fit!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby iluvk9 » January 14th, 2007, 10:20 am

On January 14 2007, SisMorphine wrote:Hahahaha! He looks so sad that he doesn't fit!

I think he figured since Darlene wasn't in it, he would just make himself cozy. Poor doof.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Favorite Kitty » January 14th, 2007, 10:32 am

i cant believe the SIZE difference between the two. what is it like when he tries to play with her? does he just plow her over and moosh her, or what?? prro truman. you should get him a real pony to play with :)
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » January 14th, 2007, 10:39 am

On January 14 2007, Favorite Kitty wrote:i cant believe the SIZE difference between the two. what is it like when he tries to play with her? does he just plow her over and moosh her, or what?? prro truman. you should get him a real pony to play with :)

Miss Darlene Linguine is quite the tenacious Little Princess when she plays with Truman. She aims for his knees. Recently, she received a bad bruise on her leg from rough-housing with him. I was afraid it was her repaired cruciate, but thank goodness it wasn't.

Truman just "doesn't get it". Never will. Labs have this thing about personal space. Theirs just melts into yours.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 14th, 2007, 11:15 am

I thought Truman only weighed like 35 lbs or something... :|
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » January 14th, 2007, 11:18 am

On January 14 2007, pitbullmamaliz wrote:I thought Truman only weighed like 35 lbs or something... :|

Yes, his head weighs 35 pounds. LMAO!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Asta » January 14th, 2007, 12:26 pm

Well, no matter how big Truman is.
He will always be the Nicole Richie of the Labrador world compared to the lab in England that weighs 74kg :o :shock: He couldnt almost breath when taken to the vet very recently and his owners are being charged with animal cruelty.

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby iluvk9 » January 14th, 2007, 1:58 pm

On January 14 2007, Asta wrote:Well, no matter how big Truman is.
He will always be the Nicole Richie of the Labrador world compared to the lab in England that weighs 74kg :o :shock: He couldnt almost breath when taken to the vet very recently and his owners are being charged with animal cruelty.

Ã…sa

74 kg? Isn't that about 160 pounds???? Truman actually weighed in at 140 pounds (approx. 60 kg) but he is as tall as a Great Dane and carries it well.

iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Asta » January 14th, 2007, 3:10 pm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 77,00.html

Et voilà, Rusty!

Truman looks like he could win the Grand National! He is just huge, but in shape.

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby iluvk9 » January 14th, 2007, 3:13 pm

Poor Rusty :(

We had an extremely obese and elderly Lab come into our shelter. He could barely walk. He looked like Rusty. :( He would go outside and hide under the decking. We couldn't coax him out most days. Sadly, he passed. It was his weight. :cry:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » January 14th, 2007, 3:38 pm

Oh, lord, poor Rusty! I am glad those owners were fined!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » January 14th, 2007, 3:48 pm

Holy HELL that poor dog!!

Joyce, you should be a good owner & give Truman your bed. Poor little puppy.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Asta » January 14th, 2007, 4:02 pm

Hm, i just thought of something. Its slightly bad taste, but it could make a tragedy into something that will help Guinness.
I should print out a pic of the poor Rusty, send to my parents and tell them to put it on the fridge...Maybe that will motivate them to stop being "nice"?

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Marinepits » January 14th, 2007, 5:26 pm

Now, that is a great idea!!!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » January 14th, 2007, 6:08 pm

On January 14 2007, cheekymunkee wrote:Holy HELL that poor dog!!

Joyce, you should be a good owner & give Truman your bed. Poor little puppy.

Actually, when we got him, I "had to" get a king size bed for "us". We had 4 dogs at the time (RIP, Bearman) and it was a tight squeeze.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Purple » January 14th, 2007, 9:58 pm

I don't think I realized just how big Truman is until this thread!
Damn, he's a big boy!
Purple
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » January 14th, 2007, 10:04 pm

On January 14 2007, Purple wrote:I don't think I realized just how big Truman is until this thread!
Damn, he's a big boy!

Some Truman statistics:

His head rests a few inches above the kitchen table, should he decide to place it there.

He doesn't fit in the back seat of my 300 series BMW, so he has to sit in the front bucketseat and half his body is on my side while I drive. Not real safe, but the only way I can get him to his Vet appointments.

When he stands on his back legs, his paws reach over my shoulders and his head is about 4 inches taller than me. I am 5'6".

On his twin mattress (his dog bed) he fits as well as an average adult.

8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members