Pet Expo, Timonium Fairgrounds (Timonium, MD), Jan 26-28

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby katiek0417 » January 11th, 2007, 7:49 am

There is a huge pet expo at the Timonium Fairgrounds (not far from Baltimore) January 26-28th. They are going to have demos, speakers, and an AKC agility trial....and a ton of exhibits (sounds like a great place to spend money on the pets) - and it's not just for dog lovers!!!!

For all interested, here is more info:

Pet Expo Info
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby luvmypitties » January 11th, 2007, 5:18 pm

Sounds nifty!! I just might be there!!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby babyreba » January 11th, 2007, 5:38 pm

i've been to this one before, it's kind of cool. i'll probably try to make it up there again to check it out.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby katiek0417 » January 11th, 2007, 8:33 pm

If either of you come up for it, let me know....I'd love to meet you!!!
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby luvmypitties » January 12th, 2007, 3:08 pm

I would love to meet some people form here too!! Would be very cool!!!

Pets allowed??

What day are you going??
Tina

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » January 12th, 2007, 6:51 pm

On January 12 2007, 2:08 PM, luvmypitties wrote:I would love to meet some people form here too!! Would be very cool!!!

Pets allowed??

What day are you going??

I can go either day - if there's a particular day that would be best for you, I can work it out to go then. They say that you should only bring pets if they are well-behaved, socialized, on leash, etc....actually, they really say you shouldn't bring them unless they are getting pictures done....but this is the quote from the site:

"If you are planning to come to one of the portrait makers, by all means bring your pet. If not, due to the large number of pets performing in the many demonstrations and seminars, we believe you will have a greater enjoyment of the Expo, if you do not bring your pet. However, well socia liz ed pets, providing they are kept on a leash, are permitted at the World of Pets Expo. Dogs will not be allowed in the Cat Event Area."

I am currently working a dog for the PSA Level 3 - he's well socialized...so, I'll probably bring him so that I can do obedience with him around distractions....
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby luvmypitties » January 12th, 2007, 6:53 pm

I am not sure which day i will be going! I will let you know as soon as I know. I probably wont bring any pets because Jake is blind and Ellie would be too scared with all the people and Roscoe is too young to be around all those dogs.
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Postby babyreba » January 12th, 2007, 11:26 pm

i think i'm gonna shoot for saturday . . . i'm not sure yet whether i want to bring tucker, but i'm leaning against. it might be too overstimulating for his wee, unfocused adolescent brain!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby luvmypitties » January 12th, 2007, 11:30 pm

Oh how I would love to bring the puppy to show him off and I know it would be great socializing for him... all the dogs, people, noises!!!!
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » January 13th, 2007, 12:03 am

I thought about bringing my puppy...he's 5 months old, but he weighs 40 lbs...with a lot of drive...so, he's a bit hard to manage...so, it'll just be me with TJ
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby luvmypitties » January 13th, 2007, 12:35 am

The only thing that is holding me back from bringing my puppy is he is not fully vaccinated yet. He has had one round and goes in for the next one not this coming wednesday but the following. which is the wednesday right before this expo.... think he would be ok?? I would really like to get him more socialized and everything. He is quite calm when we are out and about.. watches everything... but i dont know...
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » January 14th, 2007, 9:09 am

On January 12 2007, 11:35 PM, luvmypitties wrote:The only thing that is holding me back from bringing my puppy is he is not fully vaccinated yet. He has had one round and goes in for the next one not this coming wednesday but the following. which is the wednesday right before this expo.... think he would be ok?? I would really like to get him more socialized and everything. He is quite calm when we are out and about.. watches everything... but i dont know...

There is a lot of debate about when it is safe to take a puppy somewhere. It is usually safe after the 2nd round of shots...however, I typically like to wait until the 3rd round.

The thing I'd be more worried about is the number of people there, amount of noise, etc. I typically like to start my puppies in smaller crowds, less noise, etc. Then work them up to bigger crowds, louder noise. Puppies are sensitive and something that scares them early on can last a lifetime and be hard to break. Socialization is good, but I like to be more in control of the situation early on (taking the dog to PetSmart, walking around an outdoor shopping center, etc) then doing more stuff with it....will this be the dog you will be doing PSA with? If so, I would err more on the side of caution....PM me, and I can talk with you more....
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby babyreba » January 23rd, 2007, 1:32 pm

so are either of you guys gonna make it on saturday?

i'm pretty sure i'm heading up there between noon and 1 and staying for a couple of hours . . . it'd be great to say hello to some PBT people, if you'll be up there!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby katiek0417 » January 23rd, 2007, 2:06 pm

I'm going to be there on Saturday. Not sure what time...probably shoot for 1-ish...
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby luvmypitties » January 23rd, 2007, 5:55 pm

I will be there Saurday too. I think I am bringing my mom. I think we will be up there around noonish too.
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » January 23rd, 2007, 7:45 pm

I can give you guys my cell # so we can try to meet up?
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby luvmypitties » January 23rd, 2007, 8:53 pm

Sounds great!!
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Postby babyreba » January 23rd, 2007, 10:29 pm

sounds good, i'll PM mine out to you guys as well.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Return to North East