ASR Boston Terrier?

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby dogged » January 9th, 2007, 11:35 am

Image

Image
User avatar
dogged
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 275
Location: GA

Postby luvmypitties » January 9th, 2007, 11:39 am

I bet those little dogs would be great at it since they are bity things already... especially those ankle biters!!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
User avatar
luvmypitties
I live here
 
Posts: 4549
Location: Fredericksburg VA

Postby mnp13 » January 9th, 2007, 11:44 am

AWESOME!!!!!

A French Bulldog competed at FrostBite last year as well.

http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=4560
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby cheekymunkee » January 9th, 2007, 12:00 pm

TOO cute!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
User avatar
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass
 
Posts: 28540
Location: Dallas

Postby msvette2u » January 9th, 2007, 2:52 pm

Yep, I could see Ronnie doing that!!!
User avatar
msvette2u
I live here
 
Posts: 6812
Location: Eastern WA

Postby TBF » January 9th, 2007, 6:32 pm

There was/is a Puli that competes in French Ring. I can not remember where I seen the pictures of it. It might have been on Dr P's site
TBF
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 116

Postby katiek0417 » January 11th, 2007, 7:44 am

This doesn't surprise me....terriers have a ton of drive!!!

I've been looking into patterdales. They're like Jack Russel's on crack. I know someone in PSA who has one...and while he doesn't do bite work with it, he had it out at the recent training weekend, and he was just using the flirt pole with it....This dog was jumping 5-6 feet in the air going after the rag!!!!

My biggest problem with getting one: they kill small animals (they were designed to do this)...so, I'm not sure what it would do to my cats....
User avatar
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder
 
Posts: 6280
Location: Glen Burnie, MD

Postby TBF » January 11th, 2007, 1:05 pm

On January 11 2007, 6:44 AM, katiek0417 wrote:This doesn't surprise me....terriers have a ton of drive!!!

I've been looking into patterdales. They're like Jack Russel's on crack. I know someone in PSA who has one...and while he doesn't do bite work with it, he had it out at the recent training weekend, and he was just using the flirt pole with it....This dog was jumping 5-6 feet in the air going after the rag!!!!

My biggest problem with getting one: they kill small animals (they were designed to do this)...so, I'm not sure what it would do to my cats....


I know a few people with Patts. They use them to hunt, and are kenneled when not hunting/exercising/socializing. There are a lot of Patts that weight pull in IWPA, and do very well. I do not know if I would risk a cat around one They can also be very dog aggressive if not kept active.
TBF
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 116

Postby katiek0417 » January 11th, 2007, 3:54 pm

On January 11 2007, 12:05 PM, TBF wrote:
On January 11 2007, 6:44 AM, katiek0417 wrote:This doesn't surprise me....terriers have a ton of drive!!!

I've been looking into patterdales. They're like Jack Russel's on crack. I know someone in PSA who has one...and while he doesn't do bite work with it, he had it out at the recent training weekend, and he was just using the flirt pole with it....This dog was jumping 5-6 feet in the air going after the rag!!!!

My biggest problem with getting one: they kill small animals (they were designed to do this)...so, I'm not sure what it would do to my cats....


I know a few people with Patts. They use them to hunt, and are kenneled when not hunting/exercising/socializing. There are a lot of Patts that weight pull in IWPA, and do very well. I do not know if I would risk a cat around one They can also be very dog aggressive if not kept active.


The ones that I've been looking at are hunting lines. We have friends who are breeding them, and the adults are laid back and CAN be in the house when not working. They told me that the biggest thing is to introduce the puppy to the cats (and let them grow up with them), as well letting them get to know the dogs....

Luckily, Greg wants to use it for hunting (I want it more as a pet)....
User avatar
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder
 
Posts: 6280
Location: Glen Burnie, MD

Postby mnp13 » January 11th, 2007, 5:21 pm

Katrina, you know I love ya, but you are insane! I mean that in the nicest way possible!!!

How many dogs do you have??!? lol

And I love Patterdales!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby katiek0417 » January 11th, 2007, 8:32 pm

On January 11 2007, 4:21 PM, mnp13 wrote:Katrina, you know I love ya, but you are insane! I mean that in the nicest way possible!!!

How many dogs do you have??!? lol

And I love Patterdales!


Well, we have 5 adult dogs of our own, 1 puppy that is mine, and currently we have the 5 newborns, TJ (who I'm working in the 3's), and Carson (Sacha's boyfriend)
User avatar
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder
 
Posts: 6280
Location: Glen Burnie, MD


Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users