ADBA?APBR????weight pull

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby APBTgal » January 11th, 2007, 4:26 pm

Hi all! I am looking in to buying a weight pull prospect but I am confused about APBR. The dad is ADBA and the mother is APBA could the pup pull in the ADBA pulls? When did the APBA start I thought it was UKC,ADBA for pits. :? Thanks for any help.
APBTgal
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 11th, 2007, 4:33 pm

it is a sham registry that I could register my CAT in if I wanted to. Stick with the known registries, like ADBA & UKC. I would never hand over money for a dog registered with the APBA
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby APBTgal » January 11th, 2007, 4:35 pm

thanks!! The pups are razors edge and I am really not to fond of there look because they are huge but the dad had a nice ped. well I guess I will keep scouting.
APBTgal
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 11th, 2007, 4:35 pm

Keep looking & GOOD LUCK!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby APBTgal » January 11th, 2007, 4:36 pm

any advice on where to start?
APBTgal
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Big_Ant » January 11th, 2007, 4:39 pm

On 01/11/2007 12:33 PM, cheekymunkee wrote:it is a sham registry that I could register my CAT in if I wanted to.

SO SO TRUE!
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby SisMorphine » January 11th, 2007, 4:57 pm

On January 11 2007, 4:36 PM, APBTgal wrote:any advice on where to start?

Go to pulls in your area and talk to the people pulling there and ask them about their dogs.

Are you planning on showing or just pulling? If you just want to pull then rescue dogs can do that route also (at least in the UKC . . . can they in ADBA? Anyone?). Also I've noticed that the dogs who do the best are the smaller pits anyway because they don't tire out as easily as the big guys do.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby APBTgal » January 11th, 2007, 5:13 pm

A rescue dog can pull with out pappers??? WOW did't know that. I have a male with no pappers that I am conditioning for IWPA. I was under the impression that the UKC and ADBA wanted pappered only.Thanks for the info. :smurf:
APBTgal
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 11th, 2007, 5:19 pm

You can register an unpapered dog with the UKC. You can get an LP for a dog that looks pure and is neutered.

If the dog looks mixed, you can register with AMBOR and compete.

You can earn any UKC titles but conformation with an LP or AMBOR.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby APBTgal » January 11th, 2007, 5:37 pm

Well now with knowing this I am going to put the new dog idea on hold till Ty is ready. Is there a web site I can go to and get him reg.?
APBTgal
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 11th, 2007, 5:40 pm

On January 11 2007, 16:37, APBTgal wrote:Well now with knowing this I am going to put the new dog idea on hold till Ty is ready. Is there a web site I can go to and get him reg.?

Go to the UKC site - http://www.ukcdogs.com/index.html
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby APBTgal » January 11th, 2007, 6:00 pm

Thank you so much!!! :)
APBTgal
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby bahamutt99 » January 11th, 2007, 9:44 pm

A rescue dog wouldn't be able to pull ADBA except at fun shows. They currently only offer pulling privleges to registered dogs that are not spayed/neutered. (We ask every year at the convention for them to change that policy.)

As was said, UKC offers the LP. Also, you can pull with the IWPA, APA, and UPF without being registered.
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby APBTgal » January 11th, 2007, 11:42 pm

sorry to keep asking dumb q's but can he earn any titles with APA,UPF?
APBTgal
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » January 12th, 2007, 12:09 am

On January 11 2007, 11:42 PM, APBTgal wrote:sorry to keep asking dumb q's but can he earn any titles with APA,UPF?

There are no dumb questions when you're so willing to learn!!

And I have no clue what the answer is, but I'll look forward to hearing from those who do know :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » January 12th, 2007, 12:34 am

groups that are organized enough to have pulls will have titles to earn.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby bahamutt99 » January 12th, 2007, 3:47 am

On January 11 2007, 9:42 PM, APBTgal wrote:sorry to keep asking dumb q's but can he earn any titles with APA,UPF?

Sure. Check out the links I provided. IWPA's titles aren't very challenging. Loki got their top title in 3 pulls. I know the APA has titles that will require you to accumulate points, and they also have titles you can earn in one pull. Not sure about the UPF's titles.
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby Leslie H » January 12th, 2007, 7:09 am

http://www.weightpull.com/home.asp
Here's the APA website. I'm really looking forward to competing with them this year. There are a number of titles you can earn, and all breeds are welcome. For the very competitive, there is also the King of the Rails competition.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Return to Sports