Rally jump height?

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby ellie@ny » January 10th, 2007, 9:06 am

I'm about to enter Nico in Rally Advanced,but I have to know wich jump height should I select?He's over 20" should I just select the highest???
Anybody??? :)
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 10th, 2007, 12:22 pm

I know it's based on the height of the dog, but you should probably check. If you get a leg in the wrong height it won't count.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ellie@ny » January 10th, 2007, 7:35 pm

On January 10 2007, mnp13 wrote:I know it's based on the height of the dog, but you should probably check. If you get a leg in the wrong height it won't count.

Good to know!!!
I called later Infodog,and they said over 20" I have to choose the highest,wich is I guess 16".
Ellie
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Pitcrew » January 10th, 2007, 9:33 pm

Thats 4" lower than he would jump in agility. Over 18" jumps 20", over 22" jumps 24".

Regular obedience jumps USED to be 1 1/2 times the dogs hieght (up to 36") years ago, now I think its just their height.

How do they decide height in rally? The AKC is so inconsistant.

Anybody heard anything on Drafting, or is it Carting, being accepted to the AKC? Amstafs were on the original list and then I heard the sport was approved without them. Someone was trying to figure out if the breed club could do anything to get them in before it would be difficult (or impossible) to change the listing.
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ellie@ny » January 11th, 2007, 8:18 pm

On January 10 2007, Lisa wrote:How do they decide height in rally? The AKC is so inconsistant.

The lady on the phone said
If the dog under 15"- 8" the jump height
If the dog between 15-20"- 12"
Over 20" - 16"
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Return to Sports