I am gonna be on local news

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby luvmypitties » January 9th, 2007, 4:03 pm

I was contacted today to speak out on more severe punishment for busted dog fighters in a local news segment. I am not sure what I am going to say all I know as I am nervous as anything!!!!

Any tips or any bits of things I should make sure to say in my interview would be great!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » January 9th, 2007, 4:19 pm

On 01/09/2007 12:03 PM, luvmypitties wrote:I was contacted today to speak out on more severe punishment for busted dog fighters in a local news segment. I am not sure what I am going to say all I know as I am nervous as anything!!!!

Any tips or any bits of things I should make sure to say in my interview would be great!!

JMO, I would decline. If you don't know what to say and need to ask, then it would probably be better if you deferred to someone else or had them at least give you some time (2 weeks minimum) to prepare something.

That's just my .02 cents though.
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby luvmypitties » January 9th, 2007, 4:35 pm

I understand where you are coming from but Ihave no problem gettin up in front of people and talking. I have done public speaking here for years now and have been in competitions where I have won 2nd place in state for puppymills.

I am very passionate about pitbulls and the negativity that is brought out by the fighting in our area. I am sure I will have no problem saying what comes to mind. I have a while to come up with smeothing to say as it is only going to be a few sentences air time.
Tina

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » January 9th, 2007, 5:07 pm

This is just my opinion and I'm sure you are going to disagree, but I think you are trying to do too much and are getting in way over your head.

Even the greatest of intentions can go wrong.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Karen » January 9th, 2007, 5:19 pm

On January 09 2007, luvmypitties wrote:I understand where you are coming from but Ihave no problem gettin up in front of people and talking. I have done public speaking here for years now and have been in competitions where I have won 2nd place in state for puppymills.

I am very passionate about pitbulls and the negativity that is brought out by the fighting in our area. I am sure I will have no problem saying what comes to mind. I have a while to come up with smeothing to say as it is only going to be a few sentences air time.

Anthony is right. Never wing it with the press at ALL. Have everything planned out and if they won't give you the time to be prepared PASS. You can acidentally do more harm than good like Diane did on that stupid talk show.
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby luvmypitties » January 10th, 2007, 10:57 am

You will be pleased to know that I am not going.
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL