Bully Experienced Doggy Services - WA

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby JCleve86 » February 14th, 2006, 1:45 pm

Hey All-

After searching for a job unsuccessfully, I started looking into opening my own doggy servicing business. I just put up a website yesterday, and will be joining an international pet sitting group that offers insurance, so within about two weeks I will be an insured doggy servicer extraordinaire!

I am mainly focusing on offering afternoon walks to dogs who belong to owners who work all day long, but want their little buddy to have a break, and some exercise during the day. I will also feed/water/medicate the dogs, as well as provide unofficial basic training (if needed) at the owners request for no extra charge. I will also be offering in-home pet sitting, but I will not begin this service until I recieve my insurance. Pet sitting is offered to dogs and cats.

The prices that I've come up with are very competitive. The base price is very low ($6 for a half hour walk), plus transportation costs that are calculated on a case by case basis. For someone living 10 miles from me, the monthly transportation fee is just shy of 40 dollars. Go ahead and check out my wee website for more information...I plan on buying a real dot.com in the near future, but for now this simple little one will work just fine.

And, lastly, I will be servicing Puyallup/Tacoma and the surrounding areas (Spanaway, Graham, South Hill, Orting, Bonney Lake, Buckly, Sumner, Lakewood...if you have questions on whether or not I cover your area, feel free to contact me).

http://home.comcast.net/~jcleve86/Home.html

(For those who belong to all of the same forums I do, I apologize in advance for the lame re-posting. I'm simply not very inclined to write essentially the same thing twelve different ways. You just aren't that special to me :D )
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jesseca » February 14th, 2006, 1:47 pm

oh Jamie can you move down here by me. I would hire you in a HEARTBEAT. (how much would transportation charges be :D )
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby luvmyangels » February 14th, 2006, 1:48 pm

That is great! I wish you the best of luck!!
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Maryellen » February 14th, 2006, 2:07 pm

that is a great idea, however, i would not mention the transportation Gas prices.... some pepple might get offended, and not want you.. can you put your gas prices into the the regular price this way no one sees that you are charging for gas and tolls??
Maryellen
I live here

Postby JCleve86 » February 14th, 2006, 2:10 pm

Maryellen wrote:that is a great idea, however, i would not mention the transportation Gas prices.... some pepple might get offended, and not want you.. can you put your gas prices into the the regular price this way no one sees that you are charging for gas and tolls??

I had thought about that...wasn't sure exactly how to go about it. I really don't want to have to charge a high base price, but I know people who live farther away might get pissy about having to pay more. Although, when calculating what I would charge for longer distances, it's really not that much anyway...so maybe I should just charge a couple bucks more and not worry about that...

What do the rest of you folks think?
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 14th, 2006, 2:12 pm

Maybe say "transportion fee - gas and tolls included". I think with the price of gas these days people understand the need to add it in.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jesseca » February 14th, 2006, 2:12 pm

i think that is a good idea. If anyone asks you to go out of your designated areas, then tell them it will cost them more. :|
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Emi » February 14th, 2006, 2:12 pm

Best of luck :)
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 14th, 2006, 2:14 pm

Sounds good!! I too would incorporate your gas into the price as a set amouunt that isn;t known by your customers. You may end up charging a few customers more, some less but it will all work out in the end. Best of luck!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jesseca » February 14th, 2006, 2:14 pm

Jesseca wrote:i think that is a good idea. If anyone asks you to go out of your designated areas, then tell them it will cost them more. :|

like me for instance :D It would cost me a lot I'm sure
:rainbowSmile: (hypnosis) come walk Summer for free :wink:
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby JCleve86 » February 14th, 2006, 2:17 pm

It's about 150 miles to Washougal...making it 300 miles in one day...so it would be about 20 bucks per day in "transportation charges" for you my dear. :o lol
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jesseca » February 14th, 2006, 2:19 pm

hmmmm, ok, maybe not
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby JCleve86 » February 14th, 2006, 2:27 pm

Jesseca wrote:hmmmm, ok, maybe not

lol...yeah...
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 14th, 2006, 3:12 pm

JCleve86 wrote:It's about 150 miles to Washougal...making it 300 miles in one day...so it would be about 20 bucks per day in "transportation charges" for you my dear. :o lol

One comment - it should be a lot more than that. what about the 6 hours you would spend in the car? I know the request was a joke, but it's a good illustration of the point. Don't forget about your time!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jesseca » February 14th, 2006, 3:18 pm

Very very true. Your time is worth money as well. Don't forget that
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Romanwild » February 14th, 2006, 3:24 pm

You should do very well at it. Good luck.

If your customers aren't complaining about the price then you aren't charging enough.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby JCleve86 » February 14th, 2006, 9:23 pm

I was just thinking about that too...yes, I will theoretically be reimbursed for gas MONEY, but not paid for the TIME driven...and depending on how far I go, that could be considerable. I think I might consider that in the "transportation" fee, or maybe just up the price a few bucks for the daily walk to make up for it. Hmmm...so much to think about...
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 14th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Limit yourself to a 50 mile radius or so. Figure how much it would cost you to drive that 50 miles (100 miles actually). Divide that number by the amount of clients you expect to have & add the result to the base amount that you are charging. Example: it will cost you $100 to drive that 100 miles. $100 divided by 50 clients = $2.00. Add the $2.00 to your base amount & you will have your gas covered. Sorry, the anal cost accountant in me takes over at times. :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » February 14th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Cool idea! I worked as a pet sitter for a friend of mine last year. I really liked it, except for the overnights. Sleeping in someone else's house was weird. But it was fun being around a bunch of different dogs and cats, and getting lots of exercise! :) Good luck with the biz, hope it works out well!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk