Happy Valentine's Day

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby luvmyangels » February 14th, 2006, 12:00 am

Hi everyone!! Teddy, Cookie, Knuckles and I would like to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day!!! :elephant:

Sorry if some people may not like the holiday. I hope I have not offended anyone.

:butterfly:
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby bullymommy » February 14th, 2006, 12:13 am

v-day sucks when your hubbys isnt going to be home for it :( other than that i too wish everyone a happy v-day :love3:
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Emi » February 14th, 2006, 4:39 am

Happy Birthday BullyMommy ...

Happy Valentines Day every one :)
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby bullymommy » February 14th, 2006, 4:59 am

a little late but thanks none the less emi! the hubby wasnt even home for that either or christmas but hey i dont expect him to with him being a truck driver!
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Romanwild » February 14th, 2006, 8:31 am

Happy Valentines day to all the ladies! :iloveyou: :devilWink:

:love:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 14th, 2006, 10:06 am

I'm offended!! :wink:

Happy V-D to all!! We love you too Charles.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Romanwild » February 14th, 2006, 10:30 am

Thank you Deb. Why don't you send me a pic? :wink:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 14th, 2006, 10:35 am

Because I love you too much Charles. :)

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby luvmyangels » February 14th, 2006, 10:56 am

bullymommy wrote:a little late but thanks none the less emi! the hubby wasnt even home for that either or christmas but hey i dont expect him to with him being a truck driver!

I am sorry your husband is not home to enjoy Valentine's Day with you. Happy Belated Birthday though. :)
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Jesseca » February 14th, 2006, 1:09 pm

Happy Valentines day from all of us as well :heartbeat: :heartbeat:
Jesseca, Jeremy, Chelsea, Lacy, Joey

Summer, Rita, Peanut

Adrienne, Rocky and Cinderella
(I think that's everyone :D )
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby GreddyGirl » February 14th, 2006, 1:23 pm

Happy Hallmark Day! :D
GreddyGirl
Confident Young Bully

Postby luvmyangels » February 14th, 2006, 1:40 pm

GreddyGirl wrote:Happy Hallmark Day! :D

LOL. I thought that when I wrote this.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 14th, 2006, 2:01 pm

Before it turned Hallmark

http://www.pictureframes.co.uk/pages/sa ... .htm#story

The History of Saint Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day started in the time of the Roman Empire. In ancient Rome, February 14th was a holiday to honour Juno. Juno was the Queen of the Roman Gods and Goddesses. The Romans also knew her as the Goddess of women and marriage. The following day, February 15th, began the Feast of Lupercalia.

The lives of young boys and girls were strictly separate. However, one of the customs of the young people was name drawing. On the eve of the festival of Lupercalia the names of Roman girls were written on slips of paper and placed into jars. Each young man would draw a girl's name from the jar and would then be partners for the duration of the festival with the girl whom he chose. Sometimes the pairing of the children lasted an entire year, and often, they would fall in love and would later marry.

Under the rule of Emperor Claudius II Rome was involved in many bloody and unpopular campaigns. Claudius the Cruel was having a difficult time getting soldiers to join his military leagues. He believed that the reason was that roman men did not want to leave their loves or families. As a result, Claudius cancelled all marriages and engagements in Rome. The good Saint Valentine was a priest at Rome in the days of Claudius II. He and Saint Marius aided the Christian martyrs and secretly married couples, and for this kind deed Saint Valentine was apprehended and dragged before the Prefect of Rome, who condemned him to be beaten to death with clubs and to have his head cut off. He suffered martyrdom on the 14th day of February, about the year 270. At that time it was the custom in Rome, a very ancient custom, indeed, to celebrate in the month of February the Lupercalia, feasts in honour of a heathen god. On these occasions, amidst a variety of pagan ceremonies, the names of young women were placed in a box, from which they were drawn by the men as chance directed.

The pastors of the early Christian Church in Rome endeavoured to do away with the pagan element in these feasts by substituting the names of saints for those of maidens. And as the Lupercalia began about the middle of February, the pastors appear to have chosen Saint Valentine's Day for the celebration of this new feaSt. So it seems that the custom of young men choosing maidens for valentines, or saints as patrons for the coming year, arose in this way.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby luvmyangels » February 14th, 2006, 2:08 pm

mnp13 wrote:Before it turned Hallmark

http://www.pictureframes.co.uk/pages/sa ... .htm#story

The History of Saint Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day started in the time of the Roman Empire. In ancient Rome, February 14th was a holiday to honour Juno. Juno was the Queen of the Roman Gods and Goddesses. The Romans also knew her as the Goddess of women and marriage. The following day, February 15th, began the Feast of Lupercalia.

The lives of young boys and girls were strictly separate. However, one of the customs of the young people was name drawing. On the eve of the festival of Lupercalia the names of Roman girls were written on slips of paper and placed into jars. Each young man would draw a girl's name from the jar and would then be partners for the duration of the festival with the girl whom he chose. Sometimes the pairing of the children lasted an entire year, and often, they would fall in love and would later marry.

Under the rule of Emperor Claudius II Rome was involved in many bloody and unpopular campaigns. Claudius the Cruel was having a difficult time getting soldiers to join his military leagues. He believed that the reason was that roman men did not want to leave their loves or families. As a result, Claudius cancelled all marriages and engagements in Rome. The good Saint Valentine was a priest at Rome in the days of Claudius II. He and Saint Marius aided the Christian martyrs and secretly married couples, and for this kind deed Saint Valentine was apprehended and dragged before the Prefect of Rome, who condemned him to be beaten to death with clubs and to have his head cut off. He suffered martyrdom on the 14th day of February, about the year 270. At that time it was the custom in Rome, a very ancient custom, indeed, to celebrate in the month of February the Lupercalia, feasts in honour of a heathen god. On these occasions, amidst a variety of pagan ceremonies, the names of young women were placed in a box, from which they were drawn by the men as chance directed.

The pastors of the early Christian Church in Rome endeavoured to do away with the pagan element in these feasts by substituting the names of saints for those of maidens. And as the Lupercalia began about the middle of February, the pastors appear to have chosen Saint Valentine's Day for the celebration of this new feaSt. So it seems that the custom of young men choosing maidens for valentines, or saints as patrons for the coming year, arose in this way.

Thank you.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby annieinpa » February 14th, 2006, 8:32 pm

Happy V-Day to all!!! Hope you all enjoyed it.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby DemoDick » February 15th, 2006, 12:51 am

Happy Valentines day, especially to all the domestics I handled tonight.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby CinderDee » February 15th, 2006, 1:20 am

Happy V-Day everyone! :bounce:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby bullymommy » February 15th, 2006, 4:16 am

luvmyangels wrote:
bullymommy wrote:a little late but thanks none the less emi! the hubby wasnt even home for that either or christmas but hey i dont expect him to with him being a truck driver!

I am sorry your husband is not home to enjoy Valentine's Day with you. Happy Belated Birthday though. :)

its ok i had my other hunka hunka here with me-
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby luvmyangels » February 15th, 2006, 9:40 am

He is so handsome. How old is he? Glad you had him there for your birthday and valentine's day.

My son is 4 1/2 and my daughter is almost 2. We are in the terrible 2 stage again. She is very independent and if she doesn't get her way it is temper tantrum city.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 15th, 2006, 10:12 am

That IS a hunk and probably more fun to hang out with on V-day than any old silly husband!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Next

Return to Off-Topic