Olympics

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » February 13th, 2006, 12:57 pm

First - I do not have cable, so you may see a result before I do. I will have a hissy fit and a half if anyone spoils a result for me.

Anyway - Does anyone else think that the woman who is replacing Michelle Kwan on the team looks like the girl from American Pie?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby bullymommy » February 14th, 2006, 12:21 am

first off you dont even want to get me started on the michelle kwan crap!!!!!
second which girl from american pie?? shannon elizabeth (exchange student) or the band camp girl??
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Romanwild » February 14th, 2006, 8:37 am

Figure skating is not a sport. :rolleyes2:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 14th, 2006, 10:06 am

bullymommy wrote:first off you dont even want to get me started on the michelle kwan poopy!!!!!
second which girl from american pie?? shannon elizabeth (exchange student) or the band camp girl??

the band camp girl.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » February 14th, 2006, 10:08 am

Romanwild wrote:Figure skating is not a sport. :rolleyes2:

I don't know about that... the scoring used to be completely stupid, but now it isn't so at least the best people have a shot at winning.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Romanwild » February 14th, 2006, 10:28 am

Winning what? A dance contest?

They don't throw or hit or race anything.

I'm just trying to get a rise out of you. :wink:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby AllAmericanPUP » February 14th, 2006, 11:05 am

:lol:
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby luvmyangels » February 14th, 2006, 11:09 am

You are talking about Emily Hughes and the Band Camp Girl is Alyson Hannigan. I guess I see some similarities. Emily Hughes is from Great Neck which is about 30 minutes from me. It has been all over our local news.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 14th, 2006, 11:23 am

luvmyangels wrote:You are talking about Emily Hughes and the Band Camp Girl is Alyson Hannigan. I guess I see some similarities. Emily Hughes is from Great Neck which is about 30 minutes from me. It has been all over our local news.

Yeah, Emily Hughes. They interviewed her the same day Michelle Kwan dropped out, and all I could think of was 'Band Camp Girl'
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby luvmyangels » February 14th, 2006, 11:27 am

mnp13 wrote:
luvmyangels wrote:You are talking about Emily Hughes and the Band Camp Girl is Alyson Hannigan. I guess I see some similarities. Emily Hughes is from Great Neck which is about 30 minutes from me. It has been all over our local news.

Yeah, Emily Hughes. They interviewed her the same day Michelle Kwan dropped out, and all I could think of was 'Band Camp Girl'

On the local news they were saying Emily Hughes received the phone call while eating at Sushi restaurant in Great Neck. They went on further to say that they named a roll after Sarah Hughes her sister and put edible gold flakes on the top of it (since she won the gold). That sounded a little gross to me and I eat sushi.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 14th, 2006, 11:50 am

Did you see the interview where the Gold medal snowboarder admitted to wanting to meat Sasha Coen? It was so cute.

I don't really like most of the snowboaders (and what is with those outfits????!?!?!) but he he seems quite humble and down to earth.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby bullymommy » February 15th, 2006, 4:19 am

mnp13 wrote:Did you see the interview where the Gold medal snowboarder admitted to wanting to meat Sasha Coen? It was so cute.

I don't really like most of the snowboaders (and what is with those outfits????!?!?!) but he he seems quite humble and down to earth.

He is sooo cute "the flying tomato" LOL hes gonna use his gold to "meet chicks" LOL
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 18th, 2006, 11:03 pm

Only in the Olympics is .7 seconds behind "way back"

before digital timing, who knows who really won any of the races? In most of the speed events the top 3 are within hundredths of a second of each other. Human error decided the winner, not the athletes.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » February 18th, 2006, 11:05 pm

As a 17 year figure skating veteran I can tell you right now . . . that I'll come kick your ass. :evil:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby justalovepuppy » February 19th, 2006, 12:01 am

:| i find nothing wrong with it. i don't think boxing or pride fighting is sports either but to each their own
justalovepuppy
Just Whelped

Postby luvmyangels » February 19th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Michelle-

There was a pic in our Sunday paper of Emily Hughes and it was so freaky how she looks just like the Band Camp girl from American Pie. You were so right.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Romanwild » February 19th, 2006, 5:27 pm

SisMorphine wrote:

As a 17 year figure skating veteran I can tell you right now . . . that I'll come kick your fanny. :evil:

Right there! Why does figure skating think you can kick my fanny? :?

You might be able to spin me real fast until I get dizzy and fall down then you cut my throat with one of your skates but that kind of thing didn't help what's her names carreer. :wink:

I'll bet you have a firm fanny though. :wink3:

Justalovepuppy wrote:
i find nothing wrong with it. i don't think boxing or pride fighting is sports either but to each their own

Now you're baiting me! :backRoll: Combat sports are probably the oldest sport. Man against man. Strength, endurance, speed. The mental aspects are the major part and often overlooked by anyone who has never tried a combat sport. It is very much like a chess game.

Figure skating is an art, not a sport. It's like plotting painter against painter. :|
Romanwild
I live here

Postby justalovepuppy » February 19th, 2006, 11:45 pm

i find no sport in man vs man fighting. hey lets get into a ring and punch each other to the point of near brain damage. :| but hey like i said to each their own :) . Don't get me wrong i watch it all with my s/o but i jsut dont find enjoyment in it. there is nothing wrong with it, just not my style.
justalovepuppy
Just Whelped

Postby chance's mom » February 20th, 2006, 9:56 pm

sorry i boycotted the olympics after one of the comments about pit bulls that one of thier reporters made the other night, i wrote then some straight to the point emails about making pit bull comments. really ticked me off. i told them if they continued to make comments such as the one they made they would loose the support of anyone who owns a bully breed dog.

btw the comment was, and this is the closest i can get it wish i would have recorded it, (this was as two ice skaters had just finished and we going off the ice and the announcer said )""they are the kind of couple you like, the kind with out pit bulls in the backyard"!!!

it just really ticked me off!!!
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SpiritFngrz » February 27th, 2006, 12:24 pm

SisMorphine wrote:

As a 17 year figure skating veteran I can tell you right now . . . that I'll come kick your fanny. :evil:

Ditto! Let me tell ya... if you don't have strong muscles...you're not getting in the air to complete those rotations. It takes stamina, strength, flexibility, and discipline.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Next

Return to Off-Topic