Connor B&H video

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby DemoDick » January 7th, 2007, 12:42 pm

Here are a couple of videos of Connor learning the bark and hold. You can hear his "screaming" on the bite, which incidentally goes away on a soft sleeve or suit. I think it's because he can feel the decoy squirm and knows he can really cause pain, whereas a Sch. sleeve is rock hard in comparison. The thing I really like is that maintains eye contact with the decoy during the exercise and brings a good level of intensity and fight. The first send he took a dirty initial bite, the second one was clean but he chest-bumped the decoy. Video quality is low because I don't know how to manage the settings on Youtube.

Keep in mind that six months ago this dog wouldn't bark in bitework unless barrier frustrated. And until this time last year he would not listen without a prong. Special thanks to Josh Muller for helper work and filming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xg3wJpOX2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQwNSX2u2Cg

Demo Dick
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby iluvk9 » January 7th, 2007, 2:38 pm

Wow! That is amazing.

Does the decoy wear the camera on his head or something? :|
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » January 7th, 2007, 2:47 pm

On January 07 2007, 13:38, iluvk9 wrote:Wow! That is amazing.

Does the decoy wear the camera on his head or something? :|

No, he was holding the camera in his non-sleeve-hand
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » January 7th, 2007, 4:42 pm

I would sooo wet my pants.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pocketpit » January 7th, 2007, 5:03 pm

Fun! He's looking great!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby SisMorphine » January 7th, 2007, 10:36 pm

Looking good! I love watching Connor work. He's always very enthusiastic about it.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Marinepits » January 8th, 2007, 12:07 am

Connor is pretty damn cool.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby luvmypitties » January 8th, 2007, 11:39 am

connor is awesome!! I love watching the video... I think I watched them both like 3 times..lol. My boyfriend agreed that Connor is awesome!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby brooksybrooks1 » January 13th, 2007, 2:55 am

he looks good. tre understand the bark and hold on a 6ft lead but gets confused when he's being sent on it, he's only worked it a couple times and i think he finds it odd because every other time he's been sent it's been to take the decoy down, but i'm super excited for the day that we can do that! i'll be happy when i can start putting more obedience into his protection because right now it's all drive/bite work.
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby bahamutt99 » January 13th, 2007, 7:03 am

I wouldn't want to tangle with him either. The noises he makes on the sleeve just add an extra element of scariness to the whole situation. God bless decoys. They rank right up there with good cart handlers in my book. :D

BTW, you've got the comments, ratings and embedding enabled on the 2nd vid. I noticed that's all disabled on the first one, so I thought you might want to change it on the 2nd as well.
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 13th, 2007, 2:15 pm

I just watched it again & both Ollie & Justice are barking at him!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby risky-180 » January 14th, 2007, 10:17 pm

wow.... that is so amazing. im extremely impressed
risky-180
Just Whelped

Postby DemoDick » January 14th, 2007, 10:37 pm

BTW, you've got the comments, ratings and embedding enabled on the 2nd vid. I noticed that's all disabled on the first one, so I thought you might want to change it on the 2nd as well.

I fixed it. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Postby JCleve86 » January 15th, 2007, 1:19 am

I personally like the second video best because on the way back to you, he looks back at the decoy for a second as if he thought, just for a moment, that MAYBE, just MAYBE he should go bite him again. lol

I still have mixed feelings about these sorts of things being visable and accessible by JQP. It'd be very, very easy to misinterpret or misunderstand these kinds of videos, and/or use them for negative purposes (like that jackarse teenager who stole pics of LOTS of peoples dogs for an anti pit bull vid)

I guess thats neither here nor there though.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 15th, 2007, 9:44 am

We actually discussed that, but how would you share them with only a limited audience? Even if we host them "privately" and only put the link from here, it can still "get out"
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby JCleve86 » January 18th, 2007, 1:34 am

On January 15 2007, mnp13 wrote:We actually discussed that, but how would you share them with only a limited audience? Even if we host them "privately" and only put the link from here, it can still "get out"

Exactly. :|
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby DemoDick » January 19th, 2007, 2:58 pm

I still have mixed feelings about these sorts of things being visable and accessible by JQP. It'd be very, very easy to misinterpret or misunderstand these kinds of videos, and/or use them for negative purposes (like that jackarse teenager who stole pics of LOTS of peoples dogs for an anti pit bull vid)

To be honest, at this point I simply don't care. I'm of the mindset that we can change more minds about these dogs and their usefulness only by showing it. I showed the video to a non-dog person the other day and he said "Oh, that's not scary at all, because he's listening to you and controlling himself."

The two things that really stand out for most people who really watch the video with an open mind are the out and recall. The video shows good control (if I do say so myself). In contrast, I wouldn't post a video showing him on a back-tie doing grip work because it is VERY easy to use that against the breed. I also disabled the comments and embedding to pre-emptively deal with anyone who might decide to play games.

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Return to Sports