what does your dog do?

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby pocketpit » December 30th, 2006, 6:24 pm

Caesar would probably be good at agility or some kind of snow sport, but the dog sport world scares me. So right now he's my guard dog who barks at any action going on outside the front door. He's also particularly good at keeping the couch warm.

Don't forget posing for pretty pictures in the snow!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby luvmyangels » December 30th, 2006, 6:39 pm

Knuckles - Has done obedience work and some agility. But lately has been having problems and has taken up:

Being a comedian by smooshing his face on the glass doors.

Eating beds because he is bored and likes to give me work to do.

Teddy who everyone thinks is beautiful is a grouch but well trained in obedience. But when you walk in the door he growls and barks at everyone. Then looks at your sideways to figure out whether or not he should be your friend. He has a personality of a Chow.

Cookie is trained in basic obedience and is very laid back. Although she knows how to get water from the dispenser on the refrigerator when she wants to get some. She would do very well at agility and I also want to take her obedience training further and get her CGC.

I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » December 30th, 2006, 8:12 pm

On December 30 2006, pocketpit wrote:
Caesar would probably be good at agility or some kind of snow sport, but the dog sport world scares me. So right now he's my guard dog who barks at any action going on outside the front door. He's also particularly good at keeping the couch warm.

Don't forget posing for pretty pictures in the snow!

He does make a good model and was Old Navy's "dog of the day" during their mascot campaign. ;)

Being a comedian by smooshing his face on the glass doors.

I think making us laugh is one of the best things a dog can do. :)
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby babyreba » December 30th, 2006, 10:53 pm

Reba doesn't work at anything at all in particular, but she spent her life being everything to me. She's a natural guardian, used to be a super athlete, and she's always been well trained. She's so old that all she does now is sleep in warm, comfy places and guard the house.

Tucker . . . Training to be a good dog someday, hopefully! We are working to get his obedience up to par and get him certified for theraphy work since he's such an intense lover of people and sucks up as much petting and love as he can get from anyone! He's also pretty damn gentle, for a 1 year old clown, so hopefully things will work out for him.

Doc . . . I spent the first few months with him trying to condition him, get him in shape, and establish a clear relationship with him so he'd know his position in our world. Now we're working hard on whipping his OB into shape and teaching him some basic tracking skills. I'd be just about thrilled if he could show some aptitude at that. If not, we'll shoot for something else he might enjoy. Weight pull, perhaps, dunno yet.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » December 31st, 2006, 4:48 am

Oscar is my one and only :)

right now,he is an excellent blanket hog when we cuddle on the floor, and has signed himself up to be my personal protection dog when he feels he's needed (no formal training here :) )

we have done -I'd like to think- a fair amount of advanced obedience in the past...

and though I've currently been more lazy with him then any of you want to know, he is an EXPERT a retrieving and will stop at nothing, even somersaulting (literally) to retrieve his ball.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby ellie@ny » January 1st, 2007, 3:59 pm

Maya:she loves showing,so I will continue that with her,and also will start Rally with her this year.
Nico :Does Rally,and will continue doing that,and get CD this year(hopefully),sadly can't do any SCH or PP with him in my area,and because of his health.

And also I would love to do obedience with dual dogs,is anybody knows wich registry allows that?I remember seeing pictures a long time ago on this board,and it was with two STB's with a handler doing Obedience???
:| I don't remember who was it,but I would love to do that with them!
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 1st, 2007, 6:55 pm

Where are you in NY?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ellie@ny » January 1st, 2007, 7:03 pm

Long Island :| Why?
Ellie
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 1st, 2007, 7:09 pm

If you are interested in PP with your dog, Long Isand Protection Dogs has a PSA club and a couple of French Ring decoys.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ellie@ny » January 1st, 2007, 7:21 pm

Do you have any more info on that?
As I said not with Nic,but might be the drama queen could start work her butt off??? :twisted:
Or at least to try with her. :|
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 1st, 2007, 7:26 pm

http://www.lipdk9.com/

If you contact them, tell them Michelle sent you - they met Riggs last summer at Joelle's
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pocketpit » January 1st, 2007, 7:27 pm

I would love to do obedience with dual dogs,is anybody knows wich registry allows that?

I believe what you are referring to is called a "brace" class. One obedience routine with two dogs at the same time, correct?
I belive that both the UKC and the AKC offer those classes though I know that in AKC they are usually non regular classes and are not always offered at every show.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby ellie@ny » January 1st, 2007, 7:32 pm

Thank you so much for the both of you!!!! :)

Yes that's what I meant...brace!But I personally never seen it at UKC nor AKC?Do you have any idea about rules,something?I'm really interested in that!
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby ellie@ny » January 1st, 2007, 7:45 pm

Michelle!
:bowDown:
This place is 12 minutes from me.....
I'm so gonna call them tomorrow!!!
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby pocketpit » January 1st, 2007, 8:40 pm

Yes that's what I meant...brace!But I personally never seen it at UKC nor AKC?Do you have any idea about rules,something

Well in AKC it's a non regular class which means the show does not have to offer the class if they don't want to and it means you can not gain any titles for your perfomance in the class. It's for fun. The class consists of all of the novice excercises (the same ones you'd perform for a CD) and your dogs can be attached with a coupler (no more than 6 inches in length) or show unattached. The idea is that the dogs work as a team but since it's a non regular class there are no clear cut guidelines that I've ever found on exactly how to score a class like that so I'd imagine the judging can be pretty abstract.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby brooksybrooks1 » January 2nd, 2007, 2:10 am

any dog that can get water from the fridge has a taste for the finer things in life. congratulations pup- you win my award for best job!
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby Gatsu » January 11th, 2007, 10:35 pm

Shivas job is to wreck my room. You're not a friend of hers until u've been head butted in the nose, lip or groin. She's always on the prowl in the kitchen window following people or squirrels as they pass by. And using the Spring water dispenser, those 18L bottles. (which shes gotten into a lot of trouble for, she makes a mess...).
------------------

www.jh-training.ca

Jon
Gatsu
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby call2arms » January 15th, 2007, 12:03 pm

Jessie is my professional couch warmer.
Also my walking companion, and her best job so far is to get my a*s off the couch every single day. Nice work, really.
Oh and she also works well as being my "thing to trip on" whenever I'm in a hurry... Somehow she always ends up in front of me.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior