It is a Zoo in here

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » December 29th, 2006, 4:08 pm

One of the bitty babies has diarrhea so we had to clean her up and we're treating her, she needs to be inside for a bit until we can get it under control. I think it's just a matter of getting some probiotics into her system, which we're doing...
Here's a size comparison for you, Smitty would like to taste her, so he's lingering by her pen...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Marinepits » December 29th, 2006, 4:10 pm

OH MY GOD!!! SHE IS SOOOOOO CUTE!!! *insert girly scream here* :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby luvmypitties » December 29th, 2006, 4:24 pm

Oh my goodness!!! she is so freakin cute!!!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Jenn » December 29th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Very cute.. :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby luvmyangels » December 29th, 2006, 5:03 pm

She is really cute.

When I was little we had a baby goat live with us. I learned how to make goat sounds. LOL.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » December 29th, 2006, 6:21 pm

I learned how to make goat sounds. LOL

Now I would like to hear that!!!
Tina

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby msvette2u » December 29th, 2006, 6:24 pm

On December 29 2006, luvmypitties wrote:
I learned how to make goat sounds. LOL

Now I would like to hear that!!!

A goat making a sound or Maryanne imitating a goat sound!? lol
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » December 29th, 2006, 6:34 pm

The imitation definelty... we have three goats on the farm where i used to work. I still go out there to visit all the rescues!!
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » December 29th, 2006, 8:22 pm

Hey I got really good at it. The goat was living with us for quite sometime.

Sorry I am breaking into story but when I was younger my x-stepfather owned a farm with horses, cows, sheep, deer, goats, and a donkey named Eeyore. The farm was down the block from our house and whenever an animal would get sick it would come up to the house and stay with us.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » December 29th, 2006, 10:27 pm

AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!! I LOVE baby goats!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby luvmypitties » December 29th, 2006, 11:46 pm

He's got his devil horns!!!! I love when they just stick out a bit!! Look evil!!

We raise texas longhorns and our calfs get like that too. The little horns just poking out over their fur. We have one calk who was solid black who we named Diablo because he looked like an evil little thing....

Now look this breaking out into story thing is contagious!!! (I hope I spelled that right)
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Postby msvette2u » December 30th, 2006, 12:27 am

I love farm/animal stories, so keep on :)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » December 30th, 2006, 12:52 am

OK one more about our pig that is living there. she was a rescue of course. We got her at 4 months old and she probably weighed a good 30 pounds and was the size of a small beagle. Took us months and months of socializing her but little Prokchop came around. Now she is over 300 pounds and is the size of a great dane!!! All pink with some spots of grey! super cute and is now as friendly as can be!!! Just watch your fingers...she gets crazy over treats!!!
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » December 30th, 2006, 11:04 am

When I was little one of my classmates brought a little lamb in for show and tell. He was very very adorable. Some emergency came up at the farm and his mom had to leave, but she left the lamb with us so we put him in the courtyard of the school when we were done playing. We all fell in love with him that day while we took care of him.

The next day we came back to school and he was gone. Not because they had come to pick him up and take him home, but because his name was Calzone and he had been promised to the local pizza shop and had been taken to slaughter.

Calzone will always hold a place in my heart lol
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvmypitties » December 30th, 2006, 12:47 pm

Awww that is horrible. This is why I am glad I am a vegetarian. I couldnt even think about eating an animal. They are my life!!!
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » December 30th, 2006, 12:52 pm

On December 30 2006, 12:47 PM, luvmypitties wrote:Awww that is horrible. This is why I am glad I am a vegetarian. I couldnt even think about eating an animal. They are my life!!!

I think growing up with things like that happening (and sitting that the lunch table with my PETA-loving friend who told me the horror stories about how everything I ate was killed) has made me immune to the "soft and cuddlies" and has allowed me to continue to love eating meat. Oh yeah, and living next to a veal farm for a while, too. I still love veal. My absolutely most favorite meat ever.

Mmmmm . . . babies . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby luvmypitties » December 30th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Now see cows are my all time favorite animal so I am oh so against veal. I will have a veal calf rescue one day...lol probably not but I would like to get one or 2 veal calves as pets just to say I saved them... I guess to each his/her own I know I wont be the one eating meat or the poor babies. I am not the type to lecture to try to 'cross' you over to the good side.
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » December 30th, 2006, 2:00 pm

On December 29 2006, luvmypitties wrote:OK one more about our pig that is living there.

My friend rescued a pig years ago. I don't remember Rudy's age, but he was the oldest living pig on Long Island. Rudy had access to the laundry room where his bed was. He usually spent his day outside with her horses. He also had the luxury of traveling during the summer, to spend his days with them at their second home.

He recently passed from old age. :(
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SisMorphine » December 30th, 2006, 3:38 pm

On December 30 2006, 1:15 PM, luvmypitties wrote:I am not the type to lecture to try to 'cross' you over to the good side.

The dark side makes my mouth water.

lol
SisMorphine

Postby luvmyangels » December 30th, 2006, 6:11 pm

Well we had a really big turkey named "Tom Turkey". He was huge and he was so obnoxious he would chase me around the farm. Well Thanksgiving came rolling around and Tom Turkey disappeared. He was not on my table either. Someone stole him.

One Christmas our deer were stolen. There was a trail of blood from their stalls all the way to the front of the farm. I wasn't allowed to go see what happened though. Probably better off.

On a lighter note, every time I'd go to the farm I would be thrown on "Eeyore the Donkey" bareback who would then take off like a bat outta hell with me on him to the back of the farm.

One last story.... One of my worst accidents was on a horse due to the stupidity of people that were at the farm and my mother and then husband were not there. The people didn't want to take the time to raise the stir ups on the pony I was riding so they put my feet between the two flaps of leather. My pony got spooked and my head hit every pole around the ring. I was unconscious for 3 days and I turned 6 during the time I was out. I got 40 stitches in the back of my head and 40 in the front.

Everyone always tells me so that is what happened to you? Yeah ha ha. I guess I lost quite a few brain cells that day.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Next

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members