Fun in the sun! (very pic heavy!)

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby pitsnok » June 23rd, 2011, 12:49 am

It's been a while since I've posted pictures of my crew. We have a easy set pool in our backyard filled up only half way so the dogs can touch, and Degan and Harlow love it... Degan is obsessed. I mean I can't keep him out of it! last night at 2am he jumped in! His routine... EVERY time is to swim for a loong time, and then hang on his spring pole for a little bit, and then go right back to swimming, and repeat!
My boyfriend's brother let me borrow his 50mm f1.8 lens to try it out and of course I fell in love... so much so that I ordered two today: one for my DSLR and one for my SLR... I'm kind of bummed because uploading to facebook seems to lessen the quality of the images, but I don't want to take the time to upload them to photobucket so these are copied URLs from facebook. I had some focus issues with the dogs' movement and not being used to such a shallow depth of field, so I really can't wait for mine to get here so I can get more comfortable with it all.

I know a lot of you have seen them on facebook already, but I had to post a thread anyway. The dogs said they were feeling neglected...

Anyway, starting with Degan, my resident guppy...

This image was really under-exposed so i had to manipulate it like crazy to get any definition... he was making such a regal face that I had to salvage it!

While Harlow and I were just hanging out in the yard, I looked over to see this:

Shortly after taking the most adorable picture ever, he decided he needed to up his macho...

Apparently he was baffled that I asked him to drop it and sit for a second

Once I started grabbing his tire to get him to look in my direction, he got suuuuper excited, apparently!

Then, as I got back behind my camera, he decided to use me as a backboard, or springboard, or a leg up ... or whatever you want to call it. He launched right at me, getting mud all over and resumed his tugging that I had so rudely interrupted...

Then he decided he was going to ham it up for a bit

Next I guess I'll go with Boss man, who happens to be ridiculously photogenic...(really he just doesn't move around much, but hey, whatever works!)

I had switched Boss and Degan's collars and crates in a feeble attempt to desensitize them to each other... but that didn't work.

He is just so freaking pretty!

I think of this one as: "Boss, pretending to be a boxer puppy"

Last but certainly not least our little monster, Harlow. She was working the camera yesterday, so I took advantage. She usually bounces from place to place too quickly for me to get much.

One of her biggest obsessions is flying bugs... Which obviously makes her look completely crazy because no one else can see them, but... that's part of her charm?

Because the pool is a little bit deeper than she is comfortable with, she has established her 'perch'...i.e. a broken patio chair that we usually use as a footstool!

After swimming she thought it would be a supreme idea to find some mud and roll in it...

But then she turned into a polite little lady and laid in the shade while she watched Degan do his macho spring pole stuff

She was even kind enough to give me a couple of derps... I'm forever grateful of course.

But along with her derps, I got the best photos I've ever shot of her. They are hilarious, and more importantly ADORABLE.

and quite possibly my favorite photograph of all time:

I shot a few rolls of film as well, so if I can I'll try to get those scanned and posted too!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » June 23rd, 2011, 5:56 am

AAAAKKKKKK!!!! I am so glad you FINALLY posted photos of them so I don't have to just look at your tiny avatar. 8) I forget you have 3 dogs!

You took some very good shots that show their personalities. :) I LOVE THEM!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » June 23rd, 2011, 8:21 am

iluvk9 wrote:AAAAKKKKKK!!!! I am so glad you FINALLY posted photos of them so I don't have to just look at your tiny avatar. 8) I forget you have 3 dogs!

You took some very good shots that show their personalities. :) I LOVE THEM!

I agree with Joyce. I forgot how beautiful each of your dogs are.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 23rd, 2011, 1:43 pm

You have some gorgeous dogs. I'm especially partial to Degan though... :heartbeat:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby pitsnok » June 23rd, 2011, 8:49 pm

Thanks guys! I l'm sure I'll be overloading You guys with pictures once my lens comes!

I think we have gotten lucky...our dogs are so different from each other, but I agree that they are all gorgeous! (granted, I might be a bit biased but still.)
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby furever_pit » June 23rd, 2011, 10:46 pm

Great pictures!
The one of Degan resting his head on the side of the pool is super cute.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 23rd, 2011, 11:01 pm

I love Degan too...:) Great crew all around though!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Gallery and Cinema