So... is this normal?

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby pitsnok » August 20th, 2010, 1:14 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYReyqJLYPY

I don't really expect you to watch that whole video, but this seriously went on for about ten minutes. They do it a lot but it seems like Degan almost pacifies himself with Harlow's ears?

(ps, I hate hearing my own voice! haha)
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby hugapitbull » August 20th, 2010, 5:56 am

Duke does that to Trouble and becomes almost fixated. I didn't watch the whole thing, but Duke will do her ears, eyes, and face if we don't stop him. Then Trouble has a wet, slobbery head - yuk
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » August 20th, 2010, 8:20 am

8) Mine do that, too. But I noticed an added nibble on Harlow's ears. Not that he seemed to mind.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby WackyJacki » August 20th, 2010, 10:24 am

Fiona (Boston) does this to Stella everyday. Stella seems to quite enjoy it. lol
Custom collars, harnesses and leashes
http://www.collarshop.org
WackyJacki
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » August 20th, 2010, 10:36 am

My old dog, Elwood, was the doctor in the family...he'd lick any boo-boo, ears, eyes, etc. I had to watch him though because he'd do to himself until he was infected. ;) :crazy2:

Inara will clean Score a bit...but not to this extent, thankfully...because she's known to take things too far. I woke up from my nap yesterday with her licking John's pillow...there was a GIANT wet spot. :| blech
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Ino » August 20th, 2010, 10:50 am

Aww- too cute! I love watching ear washes. Ino likes to do that to the kitties (he is the only dog here- so I guess they are his ony option). Punkin loves it and actually seeks Ino out sometimes and bumps Ino's chin with his head to get him to wash his ears :| . Hoppy on the other hand only tolerates it occasionally and prefers short sessions if any. He often runs from Ino if he thinks a cleaning is coming! It is funny to watch Ino and Punkin though because Punkin gets all into it and starts leaning in and rubbing his head against Ino's face. Usually half of Punkin's head is wet when it is all over with. :crazy2: Ino is a licker though- especially when he is overtired. He can lick his paws for hours and leave huge wet spots on my bed sometimes (mattress covers are the best!!). It is the most obnoxious noise when I am trying to sleep!!!
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitsnok » August 20th, 2010, 1:02 pm

Yes Degan does Harlow's eyes, too! She has pretty boogie (?) eyes with her allergies so I guess it helps?
If we don't make him stop her entire head will be wet. But she will seriously fall asleep because I guess she likes it so much. They do take turns but Harlow seems to just get down to business, get Degan's ears clean, and get out of there, haha.
Degan is obsessed with my ears, too. But I do have my ears gauged so they are a little grosser than the average person's ears, and for some reason he likes that! haha... (ew.)

He actually licks a LOT lately... like is constantly licking one of us. I think because it is so hot outside that we get sweaty and he likes the salt? haha?
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Gallery and Cinema