Yikes! Yaeger...

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby msvette2u » May 16th, 2006, 9:00 pm

We went to town and got Yaeger a "tire biter" on a rope to replace his soccer balls. He didn't like the tire, but likes the rope!!!(???)

Here's some pics...Jeff is 6'2" to get some size perpective...

Gimme the toy!

GIVE it to me!! Me!! I want it! (See that grin!?)

Some tug-of-war...

Then things got a little strange...

Somewhat intense (Yaeger's middle name) )Jeff didn't believe me that Yaeger was almost redirecting at his chest/arm...)

It's MINE!

After seeing him and viewing these pics, I wish we'd sent him to the academy before he got to be 3yrs. old. We almost did but backed out when I knew we'd miss him (and his protection) too much...
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 16th, 2006, 9:03 pm

Maybe you could do some sport bitework with him if you wanted? Look at that yapper! He's so handsome. I just love those GSDs! Well any sort of shepherd really. And I love his black face. So handsome . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Maryellen » May 16th, 2006, 9:05 pm

awesome pics!!! look at that one with his alligator mouth wide open!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby msvette2u » May 16th, 2006, 9:06 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Maybe you could do some sport bitework with him if you wanted? Look at that yapper! He's so handsome. I just love those GSDs! Well any sort of shepherd really. And I love his black face. So handsome . . .

I'd love to do that. I wish I lived closer to Michelle and Chris!!! I don't know if anyone nearby us does it :(
Yaeger is SO intense, don't get me wrong, we absolutely LOVE him - but he seemed so "destined" to be a working dog we really almost sent him to the academy...he thrives on WORKING. That's why we got him the tire, figured we'd tie it to a tree and let him use it like a spring pole!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 16th, 2006, 9:09 pm

msvette2u wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:Maybe you could do some sport bitework with him if you wanted? Look at that yapper! He's so handsome. I just love those GSDs! Well any sort of shepherd really. And I love his black face. So handsome . . .

I'd love to do that. I wish I lived closer to Michelle and Chris!!! I don't know if anyone nearby us does it :(
Yaeger is SO intense, don't get me wrong, we absolutely LOVE him - but he seemed so "destined" to be a working dog we really almost sent him to the academy...he thrives on WORKING. That's why we got him the tire, figured we'd tie it to a tree and let him use it like a spring pole!

Yeah it sounds like he needs a spring pole or something!

I'm going through the same with my Dutchie. He's VERY high energy and high drive and demands to be working. I'm signing him up for agility and bitework once I can finally walk again (damn back). So what about agility? It could do the trick :)

He's just so cute. You need to post more pictures of him
:P

PS: I don't want you to think I'm trying to force you into doing something with him, just throwing out suggestions.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby msvette2u » May 16th, 2006, 9:17 pm

PS: I don't want you to think I'm trying to force you into doing something with him, just throwing out suggestions.

Oh I know! We really did consider the police academy for him - our main consideration is his intensity. He tolerates being our pet but just like that, he's ON! The tire reminded me of it, big time!
I wish we didn't live in the middle of nowhere, I'd have him in all that stuff. I'd love to see him doing real bite work. The tire brought it out in him naturally! Jeff really didn't believe me but about 3x out of 4 Yaeger's teeth were aimed more towards his bicep than the toy! :o
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 16th, 2006, 9:40 pm

:o I would have wet my pants!!!

He is soo pretty.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » May 16th, 2006, 10:22 pm

LOL Suffice it to say I missed a few shots because my jaw had dropped open...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Asta » May 17th, 2006, 5:08 am

He is enormous! And very handsome :)

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Purple » May 17th, 2006, 7:01 am

YIKES!!!!
Purple
I live here