My Old Girl

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby Marinepits » April 23rd, 2006, 4:35 pm

Miss Katy Scarlett O'Hara

Oh so vicious

Hi, Mom!

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » April 23rd, 2006, 4:50 pm

Her ears in that first picture are just precious!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » April 23rd, 2006, 5:02 pm

She's beautiful!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » April 23rd, 2006, 5:10 pm

She needs to be on the t-shirt too!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » April 23rd, 2006, 5:11 pm

Thanks, guys!

I can't believe she'll be 12 this summer -- seems like yesterday she was a scrawny little pup that was hell on wheels.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » April 23rd, 2006, 5:14 pm

12?!?!?!?!

She SO doesn't look a day over 5!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Sue » April 23rd, 2006, 5:16 pm

SisMorphine wrote:12?!?!?!?!

She SO doesn't look a day over 5!

I know!! She's beautiful!!!
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Marinepits » April 23rd, 2006, 5:20 pm

She's the resident "gimp", poor girl. She has really bad arthritis in her spine and her hips, and she's on all kinds of meds and supplements, but can still hardly use her left rear leg. We're back to the vet tomorrow to discuss surgery again. :(
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 23rd, 2006, 5:26 pm

Love that last one!

YOUCH.. POOR GAL WHAT TYPE OF SURGERY IS SHE HAVING?
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » April 23rd, 2006, 5:30 pm

Have you tried shark cartilage? It's the only thing that works for Wally. Currently he's on Vetri-Shark which is part of the Vetri-Science line. It's not cheap, but it works wonderfully. I'd definitely check it out (in addition to surgery if necessary, of course).
SisMorphine

Postby Marinepits » April 23rd, 2006, 5:30 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:Love that last one!

YOUCH.. POOR GAL WHAT TYPE OF SURGERY IS SHE HAVING?

Thank you -- that's my favorite photo of her, too. She doesn't bark, she "woo-woo-woo"s.

Not sure about the surgery yet. We're researching about possible hip surgery, but I don't really want to put her under anesthesia at her age. Then again, if the meds can't/won't work, I don't want her in pain, either, so we'll see what the options are tomorrow.....
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » April 23rd, 2006, 5:33 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Have you tried shark cartilage? It's the only thing that works for Wally. Currently he's on Vetri-Shark which is part of the Vetri-Science line. It's not cheap, but it works wonderfully. I'd definitely check it out (in addition to surgery if necessary, of course).

She's on MetaCam SID right now, along with Cosequin DS BID. The vet said we could add either Rimadyl or Deramaxx to the MetaCam, but I don't want her doped up and sleepy -- no quality of life, there.

I'll ask her about the Vetri-Shark tomorrow, too.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 23rd, 2006, 5:38 pm

Good luck and hang in there. I hope she gets some relief from the pain ASAP

LOL my dogs say wooo wooo tooo! It cracks me up :)
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Purple » April 23rd, 2006, 5:41 pm

You have some great pictures of her! I can't believe she is 12!!!
I hope you make out ok at the vet tomorrow, keep us updated!
Purple
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » April 23rd, 2006, 5:46 pm

Great pictures. I really like the last one. Great closeup. I would never think she was 12 she looks so beautiful. What do you feed her to make her look so young? Hope she feels better. I have my older dog on Metacam and it seems to help his arthritis.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Marinepits » April 23rd, 2006, 5:49 pm

luvmyangels wrote:Great pictures. I really like the last one. Great closeup. I would never think she was 12 she looks so beautiful. What do you feed her to make her look so young? Hope she feels better. I have my older dog on Metacam and it seems to help his arthritis.

Thanks! :)

All my kids are fed Merrick Wilderness blend.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 23rd, 2006, 9:10 pm

Oh isn't she gorgeous!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby a-bull » April 23rd, 2006, 9:14 pm

She's so sweet looking.

Funny, I thought she had a sort of 'soft' look about her in other pictures you posted of her. I've noticed older dogs get sort of a soft, gentle look about them---other than that, you'd never guess her age!!

Good luck with pain relief. That's the problem my first pitty had. He chugged along until 15 plus! :)
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby lluksa » April 23rd, 2006, 10:03 pm

She is absolutely beautiful! Boy, has she aged gracefully!
Lisa

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" Franklin D. Roosevelt
lluksa
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » April 23rd, 2006, 10:09 pm

I don't think I've ever seen any pictures of your dogs, other than an avatar photo??? She's quite a beauty though, and I love the pictures :)
Jenn
undecided

Next

Return to Gallery and Cinema