The Last Beach Day

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby SisMorphine » March 31st, 2006, 1:34 pm

So today was the last day of the season that my favorite beach allows pets. Poop. We barely went this season because it was so damn cold, or I was just too busy. I'm a crappy mom.
So to make sure we took full advantage of the last day we walked a total of 3 miles: 1.5 up and 1.5 back. We could have done more but I forgot his water bowl (again, crappy mom) so we had to cut it short.

Without further ado, Wally at Crane's Beach:

The Boardwalk (it was busy today . . . you can see two horses if you look closely):

"Um, mom, can you like walk or something?"

Wally surveys the beach:

After deciding it's okay he begins to trot down the beach:

"Ummm . . . mom is that a HORSE in the water?":

Wally getting ready to dodge oncoming waves:

What Wally looks like when he sees horses or other dogs approaching (I LOVE this picture):

And finally, back at home, Wally commences to sleep in the most comfortable position he knows:

There is only one other beach that I know of that is open to dogs, and it's only for another month. It's about 35-40 minutes from me, and unfortunately is small and offleash. Onleash Wally has been attacked there twice :evil: But I think as long as we go bum-early in the morning we should be fine. I'll bring him tomorrow morning (to tire him out before I head up to Maine) and I'll let you all know how it goes.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Maryellen » March 31st, 2006, 1:40 pm

wally looks like he enjoyed himself!! that one pic of him is stunning!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Malli » March 31st, 2006, 2:11 pm

:evil: I just go to the beach when theres no one around ALL year round :evil:

Oscar likes to swim, a LOT, and if we go too much in the winter, I worry he'll get hypothermia (I have to call him out of the water, wich sometimes doesn't work)

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Asta » March 31st, 2006, 5:46 pm

Oh what a looker wally is :) !!! Really nice pic´s too.

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Purple » March 31st, 2006, 5:49 pm

I love beach pictures! Wally is looking fabulous as usual! I wish I had a beach close by!!!
Purple
I live here

Return to Gallery and Cinema