Birdie: Posing in her service dog vest after training

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby Hoyden » March 26th, 2006, 2:10 am

Birdie and I did some work out in the distraction of the camp with people bustling around getting ready for an event next weekend and auditions for the Ren Faire.

I proofed her on down/stays & recall on a 25ft. long lead on the paths in the woods & on the volleyball court. Then we worked on going up and down all the stairs that are cut into the hillside of the camp using the "step" command to go to the next step. We haven't done that in awhile, but she did great.

And we did what Birdie loves best. Saying Hi to everyone. I can't believe that she remembered people she hasn't seen since October and was so happy to see them. And she remembered her manners, no jumping, no rubbing, no sniffing, no spit bathes. Sit and wait to be petted.

Just before we left, I took off her vest and let her go romp up the pathes and in the woods with one of the cast. She was so happy to let loose and just play.

And now - some pictures.

"What's that noise? I haven't heard that before."

Inspecting the waterfall.

A close up.

I love this picture of her. I chucked a treat on the ground to my right, told her to stay, pointed at the treat & told her watch it.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby cheekymunkee » March 26th, 2006, 2:25 am

Beautiful pictures! I love the last one!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pocketpit » March 26th, 2006, 4:09 am

The last picture is a very nice on of Birdie and I love the new collar you made!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 26th, 2006, 9:15 am

I love that collar too! And my, what a ham she is! My little girl doesn't believe in having her picture taken unless she's sound asleep or trying to reach it with her tongue.

pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 26th, 2006, 9:44 am

Very pretty!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Purple » March 26th, 2006, 10:12 am

That last picture is geat! Birdie is an excellent subject!
Purple
I live here

Postby Maryellen » March 26th, 2006, 10:25 am

she is just gorgeous!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Jenn » March 26th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Birdie is so pretty!! :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » March 26th, 2006, 3:39 pm

Awww Birdie!! Wally said he can't wait for her to come visit and protect him from the mice in the basement.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Return to Gallery and Cinema