MrsPigHunta's Pighunta

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby Hoyden » March 14th, 2006, 9:49 pm

JCleve86 wrote:What in the name of God is a mudbug?

I call them River lobsters!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Purple » March 14th, 2006, 9:58 pm

Yo, Pighunta, sounds good, when can I come over fer some fixins??!! LOL!

....and let's see the dogs suited up in their kevlar!!!!....woohoo...pig meat!!!!!! mmmmmmm. bacon..... :piggy:
Purple
I live here

Postby Malli » March 14th, 2006, 10:03 pm

so does Miakoda Track the Pigs then? I assume the kevlar is for the tusks and teeth, so we're talking wild boar?
When I lived in the states (right by Santa Cruz) there were wild boar all over where I lived, we had to be super careful because apparently they are kind of fearless and super nasty! :shock:

mudbugs... oh dear

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Purple » March 14th, 2006, 10:18 pm

I thinks she just takes the pics, her brothers and friends actually do the hunting, I think....
Purple
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 14th, 2006, 11:22 pm

Romanwild wrote:I wanted NO to be the fsirst place I try Crayfish. :(

Guess I'll come to TX to dso it now! :)

Come on down!! I'll take you to Louisiana if you want to go. You can still go to New Orleans, it's not as pretty as it once was but its still there. It'll be back. And if you want to eat in Texas I know PLENTY of coonasses willing to share a spot at the table. :wink: You have not lived until you have eaten REAL Cajun food. There is nothing like tomato gravey & biscuits, crawfish etouffee, dove gumbo, seafood fettucini, fried catfish like you have not ever had in your life ........I'm getting hungry. :yum:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » March 14th, 2006, 11:25 pm

fearless and super nasty

That pretty much covers it, that & UGLY!! destructive also

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Malli » March 14th, 2006, 11:49 pm

when I lived in Cali, you could hunt them with whatever you wanted and it was open season all the time. Are these the same animals? Is the season the same there?
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Miakoda » March 15th, 2006, 12:38 am

Malli wrote:so does Miakoda Track the Pigs then? I assume the kevlar is for the tusks and teeth, so we're talking wild boar?
When I lived in the states (right by Santa Cruz) there were wild boar all over where I lived, we had to be super careful because apparently they are kind of fearless and super nasty! :shock:

mudbugs... oh dear

Malli

Mia is actually supposed to be a catch dog (however, the joy she seems to have for going after other dogs instead of the hogs has really hindered our plans for her). We usually run 5-6 bay dogs (usually Catahoulas, Black Mouth Curs, American Foxhounds, & recently Running Walker Hounds) to track the hog(s). Once the hog is bayed and/or cornered then we have someone to actually pull off the bay dogs right as the catch dogs are released to take out some of the possible conflicts. We usually run 2 catch dog who catch & hold the piggie while 1 of my brothers or their friends either a) shoots it or b) hog ties it (if they are young or small, sometimes we'll bring 'em back & fatten them up). I am in charge of the catch dogs who are harnessed to me during the chase. I have been able to catch a few pics in the past, but none recently of the dogs actually on the hogs. And as for Mia, well, she gets to go catch solo. She would just as soon take out one of the other dogs vs. the hog so we will run her alone w/only 2 bay dogs. Javolinas are smaller (but plenty vicious!) & are easy for one dog to handle alone.

Before I/we started training the APBTs for catch work, we usually ran (& often still do) Catahoula Bulldogs & AB's as catch dogs. They tend to work a little better as dog aggression doesn't seem to be as much of a factor.
Last edited by Miakoda on March 15th, 2006, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby Miakoda » March 15th, 2006, 12:40 am

Oh, & Romanwild, there are MANY more places other than NO to find good Crawfish. In fact, around Lafayette & down around Thibedoux tend to be better areas. However, you are more than welcome to head on over with everyone else to Baton Rouge & I'll stuff y'all full of some boiled crawfish & all the fixins. (However, NO ONE better ask for chitlins. I do NOT do chitlins! :evil: )
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 15th, 2006, 12:57 am

What are chitlins?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » March 15th, 2006, 12:59 am

mnp13 wrote:What are chitlins?

I was wondering the same thing. :|
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » March 15th, 2006, 1:47 am

pig innards

They do not look much better cooked

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby JCleve86 » March 15th, 2006, 2:31 am

Who in the name of Jesus determined that THAT was food? I think I might throw up. Are those intestines? (Although that IS what our beloved sausages are linked with...mmmmmm...intestine)
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 15th, 2006, 8:52 am

JCleve86 wrote:Who in the name of Jesus determined that THAT was food? I think I might throw up. Are those intestines? (Although that IS what our beloved sausages are linked with...mmmmmm...intestine)

I agree. Gross gross gross. I'm thinking I would feed those to Wally but wouldn't even imagine eating them myself.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Purple » March 15th, 2006, 8:57 am

EWWWWWWWWWW
Purple
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 15th, 2006, 10:17 am

Yes they are intestines & I would not feed them to my dog. I doubt they would have much nutrional value. Besides, who wants to touch them?? :o

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » March 15th, 2006, 12:51 pm

Those pictures are just as disgusting as the name, lol
Jenn
undecided

Postby Romanwild » March 15th, 2006, 1:06 pm

They look like pork rinds. I like pork rinds.

It's like tripe. Tripe is the lining from a cows stomach. I still haven't enjoyed eating tripe. It's like tasteless rubberbands.

I want to hog hunt while I'm there as well! :D

I always wanted to go to La I was putting off crayfish so I could enjoy them there for my first time. Since Katrina I've decided I will have them the next time I have the chance. Life is short. They have them at the fish market sometime. How do you guys prepare them?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 15th, 2006, 1:16 pm

I think I dissected that in Anat/Phys once :!:
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Malli » March 15th, 2006, 1:35 pm

EW.

I didn't know Mia would actually be directly involved with the Pig...
wow

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery and Cinema