TV: "A Dog's Breakfast" airing 2/10/11

Postby TheRedQueen » January 31st, 2011, 8:15 pm

http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/articl ... 9a3f6a%2C1

Finally, A Dog's Breakfast will air on U.S. Television
Written By: Susan Thixton1-31-2011Categorized in: Pet Food NewsCNBC will air the pet food documentary "Pet Food: A Dog's Breakfast" on Thursday, February 10th at 10 PM. Not exactly prime time, and three years after the documentary was first aired in Canada...but at least it finally is airing on U.S. television.

Mark your calendar for Thursday February 10th. CNBC will finally air the pet food documentary Pet Food: A Dog's Breakfast at 10 P.M.

The film aired on Canadian television in 2008. At the time, I had numerous conversations (phone and email) with Yap Films, producers of A Dog's Breakfast. I was told they were trying to pitch the film to U.S. television, with little interest. They even tried public television; no luck.

Speculations of U.S. television being 'influenced' by U.S. corporations have been pondered for years. History of the tobacco industry includes rumor that powerful Big Tobacco pressured U.S. media to NOT air the emerging medical risks of smoking in the 1960's. When journalist Van Smith of the Baltimore City Paper bravely published the article "What's Cookin'? Ever Wonder What Happens to Dead Animals? A Look at Baltimore's Only Remaining Rendering Plant Explains", exposing the truth about the rendering industry, the aftermath of the article included contact from ABC Television's 20/20. In a follow up story Smith wrote "20/20, the ABC newsmagazine, chewed up hours of my time trying to arrange a lengthy exposé of the pets-in-pet-food phenomenon, then quietly abandoned the effort."

(Please Note: Warning - the Van Smith Baltimore City Paper article What's Cookin'? linked above is graphic; including pictures of barrels of dead dogs and cats.)

Regardless as to why this pet food documentary has been delayed for three years in the U.S., it is finally here. Thursday February 10th at 10 PM and 1 AM on CNBC.

For more information, visit http://www.newsonnews.net/cnbc/7208-cnb ... iness.html

Wishing you and your pet the best,

Susan Thixton
Truth about Pet Food
Petsumer Report
www.TruthaboutPetFood.com
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby CinderDee » February 1st, 2011, 1:26 am

I'll definitely be watching this. Thanks for posting it.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Return to Pet Food, Nutrition, Allergies