Canidae

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby AllAmericanPUP » December 21st, 2006, 7:45 pm

I switched Eli to Canidae, he was on Diamond
i've got a few choices up here in MI, there is a little pet store that carries Natural balance, canidae, wysong, wellness and i think maybe a couple more that i dont remember

i went with Canidae for now, it's a little easier on my pocket than the others.

better than diamond though right?
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby mnp13 » December 21st, 2006, 8:00 pm

Hey girl! How you been!??!

Yes, Canadae is better than Diamond. What forumula of Diamond of Diamond were you using? Can you post the ingredients for comparason?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » December 21st, 2006, 8:03 pm

Definitely better than Diamond. And personally I would feed it before I would feed Wellness or Wysong (Wally did horribly on Wellness and some of the Wysong recipes are just BAD). My fosters are all fed either Canidae or Nature's Variety.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby call2arms » December 21st, 2006, 9:54 pm

I've been told that by the Wellness repesentative that the company had been sold lately and that the ingredients have changed. Jessie did great on it for 4 years and nos it makes her sick. So I would not recommend it.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby concreterose » December 21st, 2006, 10:00 pm

Lots of dogs do good on Diamond :| But Canidae is better.
Where are you in Michigan?
If I know the area, maybe I can help you find a good pet store in the area. Do you have a car?
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby LegendsMami » December 21st, 2006, 10:03 pm

My 2 are on Canidae! They love it. They also get a can of Merrick w/ there dinner. I have to order Canidae though. Havent found a place that sells it.
"When it comes to pit bulls the monster is often the two legged animal at the other end of the leash!"
LegendsMami
Just Whelped

Postby Magnolia618 » December 21st, 2006, 11:39 pm

Wysong recipes are just BAD

*EXCEPT* for the Synorgen. (Sp?) That is the only Wysong I would feed. It's actually very good!
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby AllAmericanPUP » December 23rd, 2006, 11:13 pm

hey guys
i'm doin good, i'll put an update up soon in the OT section and i'll get some Eli pics up soon

i'm living in St. Clair, MI
the pet shop i go to is in Marysville

he seems to be doing great on the canidae so far, though he's only been on it for about a week i can already tell a difference in his coat

i was feeding him Diamond Beef Meal and Rice
Ingredients
Beef meal, cracked pearled barley, whole grain brown rice, rice bran, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), beet pulp, egg product, flaxseed, natural flavor, brewers dried yeast, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

now i'm feeding him Canidae Chicken and rice
All Natural Ingredients
Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, White Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Flax Seed, Sun Cured Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Oil, Chicken, Lecithin, Monocalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Linoleic Acid, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (source of B2), Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, D-Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Dried Papaya, Vitamin B12 Supplement.
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby AllAmericanPUP » December 25th, 2006, 6:20 pm

On December 21 2006, concreterose wrote:Lots of dogs do good on Diamond :| But Canidae is better.
Where are you in Michigan?
If I know the area, maybe I can help you find a good pet store in the area. Do you have a car?

yea Eli didnt do bad on Diamond
i like Diamond but i figure if i can afford better and can get it then why not
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby maybe.I.am.a.beetle » December 26th, 2006, 5:32 pm

Here is the store locator, to find places near you that sell Canidae.

http://www.canidae.com/company/storelocator.html
maybe.I.am.a.beetle
Just Whelped

Return to Nutrition & Health