1-1/2 cups of raw

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Big_Ant » September 22nd, 2006, 12:09 am

Can anyone with a scale run a test for me next time they feed their dogs. I know it's no where near exact, but I'm just looking for a rough idea since I don't have a scale here.

If you don't know, I'm getting Weda's food free from the butcher of a main grocery store. The problem with that is that it's no longer exact. I don't get weights, I don't get a set amount. I usually get around 3-4 lbs from him a night (not all used), but when I measure it out, I don't know what amounts I'm putting down. Weda is very good about only taking in the amount of food that she needs. I know that I'm putting a little more than 2lbs, maybe close to 3lbs, down with each feeding, but by my estimation, she's only taking in 1.5lbs max.

What I'm looking for is someone who can possibly do a quick test of the weight for some ground meat (beef,bone,small amount of pork) and some cottage cheese. The cottage cheese is only 2 heaping tablespoons. The cubic measurement of the mix is around 1-1/2 cups of food (the amount she takes in).

I know it's not going to be exact, I just want to see if my estimations are correct and that she is properly regulating herself.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 22nd, 2006, 7:51 am

go to Target/Walmart/K-Mart/Bed Bath & Beyond/Linens and Things or a large grocery store and pick up a kitchen scale for $10.

:D

There is no way to figure out that weight, fattier meat will be lighter than lean meat. Bone is much heavier than meat.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » September 22nd, 2006, 8:21 am

I have a kitchen scale but I use it to weigh the rats so I'm not about to go putting food in it!

I change it up daily as far as how much they get. Remember feeding raw isn't all science, it's also an artform.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Return to Nutrition & Health