OMG He pooped a bone!!

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby lellis34 » September 4th, 2006, 3:01 pm

I've recently started the pooches on a raw food diet. Figured I'd be home for the long weekend so could deal with any surprises. Well, surprise surprise :shock:

We have this little dutch market near our house that has the most awesome chicken and ribs. No - not for the dogs - for my husband. Apparently while I was out running errands King got one of the discarded rib bones out of the trash and ate it. Or, I should say swallowed it. :o

So I've been dealing with the detox/change in diet for him but imagine my surprise when he pooped a freakin' rib bone!! Not pieces, BUT THE WHOLE DANG THING!! :shock: I couldn't believe it. Fortunately it was a babyback rib but still. I'm so glad everything came out alright. And FINALLY!! my husband listens now when I tell him to shut the pantry door.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby Marinepits » September 4th, 2006, 3:07 pm

Well, thank god the dog didn't end up with a blockage or perf'd intestine! :shock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Pinepples » September 4th, 2006, 3:14 pm

Man, that would have freaked me out too! I'm happy it passed though.

Right now I'm slightly worried as Bacon just swallowed a weightbearing bone. It was raw, but she usually just gnaw on those and doesn't eat them.
It wasn't big, so I hope it'll pass with no problems.
Pinepples
Just Whelped

Postby Magnolia618 » September 4th, 2006, 7:10 pm

Yep. Cooked bones will do that!

I'm glad he's ok! :)
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » September 6th, 2006, 9:02 am

My Grey ripped open the trash last week and ate a cooked chicken quarter. I think I stayed up for 48 hours straight just making sure he was okay.

He eats raw, too, but those cooked bones are damn scary!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Return to Nutrition & Health