Bloat Cues?

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Marinepits » August 25th, 2006, 7:42 am

JCleve86 wrote:because he's a guzzle and puke kind of dog. :x

So is Mac. We do the "one-mississippi" count, too! :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby katiek0417 » August 25th, 2006, 7:49 am

Marinepits wrote:

Do people look at you funny when you do it in public? It's gotten to the point where my dogs know that when I get to 5, I'm going to take them away from the water...so, I always do it out loud (when I say "five" they stop drinking without me dragging them away)...but then people wonder why I have to count out loud!!!
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Marinepits » August 25th, 2006, 8:50 am

katiek0417 wrote:
Marinepits wrote:

Do people look at you funny when you do it in public? It's gotten to the point where my dogs know that when I get to 5, I'm going to take them away from the water...so, I always do it out loud (when I say "five" they stop drinking without me dragging them away)...but then people wonder why I have to count out loud!!!

We used to count out loud, but now I tap my foot in time to the count I do in my head and on the last count, I stamp my foot lightly. When I do that, Mac knows he's done with the water for now and backs away.

Yeah, I get the funny looks, like I'm depriving him and I'm a bad owner. Then I explain about how he'll vomit if he drinks too much too fast and that gets me off the hook. It's hilarious when he belches like a frat boy and spits out water to confirm my story! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby katiek0417 » August 25th, 2006, 9:48 am

Marinepits wrote:
katiek0417 wrote:
Marinepits wrote:

We used to count out loud, but now I tap my foot in time to the count I do in my head and on the last count, I stamp my foot lightly. When I do that, Mac knows he's done with the water for now and backs away.

Yeah, I get the funny looks, like I'm depriving him and I'm a bad owner. Then I explain about how he'll vomit if he drinks too much too fast and that gets me off the hook. It's hilarious when he belches like a frat boy and spits out water to confirm my story! :D

Now THAT'S funny!!!!
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Marinepits » August 25th, 2006, 10:13 am

Yeah, except the vomit water usually ends up in my shoes! :P
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health