Merrick Brand Dog Food

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby lipshipsattitude » August 15th, 2006, 6:45 pm

So I have never heard of this brand but bought some wet food to see how Rory's tummy would reacct and she has never had this much success with a wet food. No runny stools and OH man she loves it. here is the site
http://www.merrickpetcare.com/

ingrediants seem awesome but maybe you all could look it over for something I missed and/or share your experiences or opinions on it. I'm just so happy to find something that agrees with her stomach and adds variety to her boring old dry food.
lipshipsattitude
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Marinepits » August 15th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Merrick is by far one of the best foods on the market. All my guys are fed the Wilderness Blend formula and have never looked and felt better.

Use the search feature on here -- you'll find lots of conversations about Merrick.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Purple » August 15th, 2006, 7:46 pm

Merrick canned is what mine get with every meal. I rotate the kibble flavors and also alternate with Nature's Variety kibble.
Purple
I live here

Postby nikki h » August 15th, 2006, 9:18 pm

love love LOVE the canned. the dogs like it too lol especially good for a sensitive tummy dog, one with skin issues, and one with 42 allergies. hah.

We feed timberwolf organics kibble though. however, i did consider going to merrick kibble, and if it wasnt for the brown rice i would have. (my boy with the 42 allergies is allergic to brown rice!)

More good canned food is spot's stew and evanger's. definitely worth checking out, IMO.
nikki h
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » August 16th, 2006, 9:59 am

Ruby didn't do well on Merrick, but Connor and Riggs did great.

Physically, Ruby did great, but her breath smelled so bad that even her yawning was nauseating.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SpiritFngrz » August 16th, 2006, 10:18 am

My cat loves the Merrick canned cat food. It even helped her shed some pounds.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby a-bull » August 18th, 2006, 9:57 am

We do the Merrick Wilderness Blend kibble.

I recently tried Solid Gold in the morning, just to see if they'd eat it because my female is still itching her feet, and they wouldn't. My female actually looked at her food dish, walked away and nosed her bucket with the Merrick in it. Pretty loud hint I'd say. She acts like a horse. :)
a-bull
I live here

Postby Purple » August 18th, 2006, 2:59 pm

I just got back from the feed store, and what a surprise I had! When I bought a 30lb bag of Wilderness Blend, I got a case of the canned for FREE!!!!! 12 free cans of dog food!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby Jenn » August 18th, 2006, 3:09 pm

:clap: YAY YOU!

Sure they just didn't forget to ring it up? :lol3:
Jenn
undecided

Postby Purple » August 18th, 2006, 3:17 pm

JennKBM wrote::clap: YAY YOU!

Nope, said right on the bag, free case of canned with purchase of this bag!! WooHoo!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby Marinepits » August 18th, 2006, 4:52 pm

Purple wrote:I just got back from the feed store, and what a surprise I had! When I bought a 30lb bag of Wilderness Blend, I got a case of the canned for FREE!!!!! 12 free cans of dog food!!!

Isn't that the BEST?!?! I go through about 2 bags per month so I have a TON of canned food here -- the dogs are thrilled with the extra treat!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Purple » August 18th, 2006, 5:08 pm

Yes! It was great! I didn't get that little treat when I bought the other flavors!
Purple
I live here

Postby sadowner » August 18th, 2006, 9:44 pm

Grammys pot pie iirc ? Looked like some real people food! Great dog food. I used to feed it to my dog.
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby msvette2u » August 18th, 2006, 9:49 pm

Purple wrote:
JennKBM wrote::clap: YAY YOU!

Nope, said right on the bag, free case of canned with purchase of this bag!! WooHoo!!!

Wow I am jealous!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby nikki h » August 18th, 2006, 9:57 pm

Purple wrote:I just got back from the feed store, and what a surprise I had! When I bought a 30lb bag of Wilderness Blend, I got a case of the canned for FREE!!!!! 12 free cans of dog food!!!

holy crap! thats a good deal. where do you buy your stuff at?
nikki h
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » August 19th, 2006, 6:42 am

Pet Central in Honesdale. I have to order the 30lb bags, they don't carry them in stock in the store.
Purple
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » August 19th, 2006, 8:08 am

sadowner wrote:Grammys pot pie iirc ? Looked like some real people food! Great dog food. I used to feed it to my dog.

my cat loves Grammy's and Thanksgiving Dinner the best. I love the names of the flavors!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby nikki h » August 19th, 2006, 10:43 am

Purple wrote:Pet Central in Honesdale. I have to order the 30lb bags, they don't carry them in stock in the store.

aaaah. i dont even feed the kibble lol but i was going to consider buying a bag and mixing it in with dinah and hoss's nutro. athena and hawk are on timberwolf for their allergies and skin issues and athena's sensitive tummy. but that free 12 pack was a great deal none the less, i must say!
nikki h
Just Whelped

Postby Jesseca » August 21st, 2006, 11:51 am

I've never given my dogs canned food because I was afraid of adding weight. Is there a positive to it because I know Summer would love it, but she's a little pork chop as it is
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 21st, 2006, 1:08 pm

Dogs are just like people. If you give them more food than they use up in energy, they put on weight. If you want to feed canned food, you just need to feed a little less.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to Nutrition & Health