Vaccination...

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby ellie@ny » July 31st, 2006, 9:37 am

ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby luvmyangels » July 31st, 2006, 9:40 am

If I am not mistaken I think in NY you need to get a prescription. I wanted to do my own vaccines but couldn't get them. Let me know if you have success getting them.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby ellie@ny » July 31st, 2006, 10:14 am

Maryann,I was trying to order,but I'm still waiting for more opinions.
I made my order until paying,just to see if it's gonna ask for presciption,but it didn't.So I guess it's ok?But of course with next day shipping it's charge more,but it's still ok!
And if you look at the page,there is no sign about presciption either,like at the heartworm medications!So I hope it's ok!!
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » July 31st, 2006, 10:26 am

I've never ordered mine, I get it from the feed store. They use the Fort Dodge brand I think. Hopefully some one else can help you.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » July 31st, 2006, 11:04 am

It is cheaper to order these directly FROM Fort Dodge medical supply.
http://www.wyeth.com/divisions/fort_dodge.asp
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » July 31st, 2006, 11:42 am

ellie@ny wrote:Maryann,I was trying to order,but I'm still waiting for more opinions.
I made my order until paying,just to see if it's gonna ask for presciption,but it didn't.So I guess it's ok?But of course with next day shipping it's charge more,but it's still ok!
And if you look at the page,there is no sign about presciption either,like at the heartworm medications!So I hope it's ok!!

Please let me know how you make out because I'd rather try do the vaccines myself.

Good luck!!
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby ellie@ny » July 31st, 2006, 12:08 pm

So if I order the 7-way vaccine,that should be enough?+ of course I will do the Rabbies at the vet.?
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby msvette2u » July 31st, 2006, 12:13 pm

Yes get the 7ways, rabies has to be done at the vet, well in a few states you can do it yourself but then you don't have the tag in case something ever comes up. Did you get the Wyeth/ft. dodge page link to order directly from them? You save about $50.00 on 25 vaccines.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby msvette2u » July 31st, 2006, 12:15 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:I've never ordered mine, I get it from the feed store. They use the Fort Dodge brand I think. Hopefully some one else can help you.

For only one or two shots it may be cheaper to do it that way.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » July 31st, 2006, 12:29 pm

I had to administer "sub-q's" to Carlos Garcia (RIP) while he was going through his cancer. I am a fainter, but it wasn't too bad to actually DO, knowing I was hydrating him.

Have a Vet or medical person show you how.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ellie@ny » July 31st, 2006, 12:38 pm

msvette2u wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:I've never ordered mine, I get it from the feed store. They use the Fort Dodge brand I think. Hopefully some one else can help you.

For only one or two shots it may be cheaper to do it that way.

Yup I decided that too!I just checked Yellowbook and found some stores near me,I will give them a call!
Maryann here is the link for you if you're interested too! :)
http://www.yellowbook.com/?T=1&A=1&BQT=1&Q=feed+store&WH=Lindenhurst+NY+11757&x=17&y=14

iluvk9 I had to give insuline for my old dog for about a year before she died,so I know how to give it under the skin. :)
Anyway I'm gonna call them now,maybe they have the HW paste or liquid too!

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELPS!!!
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby ellie@ny » July 31st, 2006, 1:03 pm

Well I called all of them,and none of them are selling vaccines for dogs... :(
So I know one near me,I'm gonna go and ask them...maybe they know something.
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby msvette2u » July 31st, 2006, 1:41 pm

Oh my...that's so odd. All our feed stores carry them, they have a fridge set up just for vaccines...for everything, too, horses, cows, goats and cats as well as dogs!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Marinepits » July 31st, 2006, 5:43 pm

Maybe it's a NY State law thing? :|
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby ellie@ny » July 31st, 2006, 6:23 pm

It can be!I'm still gonna try to order online tonight,maybe I can trick them! :D
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby ellie@ny » August 1st, 2006, 4:59 pm

I did my order last night and It went trough from http://www.kvvet.com :greenWave: They had the HW paste too!I hope I wont kill my dogs! :D
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby bahamutt99 » August 2nd, 2006, 2:11 pm

Well, I'm late on this. But I've ordered shots through both Omaha vaccine company and Drs Foster and Smith. My preference is to get the most comprehensive shot since Loki hits dog shows and stuff. I buy the single doses since there's no way I'd use 25 shots before they expire. LOL. Although lots of times when we order, we order for family members' dogs, too. I'm 99% sure this is the last shot I ordered for Loki. Link
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Return to Nutrition & Health