Front legs question

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby luvmyangels » July 27th, 2006, 12:20 pm

With Knuckles having issues with his hips we have been watching him much closer. We noticed today that when he stands his front feet do not sit straight but rotate out in an angle. One is worse than the other. Is this normal?
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » July 27th, 2006, 12:40 pm

Not really but some dogs toe in or out, there are all kinds of "faults" regarding fronts . Look at these examples, it could be just how he is "put together" rather than compensating for his bad hips.

http://www.ukcpitbull.com/faultsdq.htm
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 27th, 2006, 2:15 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Not really but some dogs toe in or out, there are all kinds of "faults" regarding fronts . Look at these examples, it could be just how he is "put together" rather than compensating for his bad hips.

http://www.ukcpitbull.com/faultsdq.htm

I agree; sounds like he is just easty westy...meaning feet turning out
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmyangels » July 28th, 2006, 8:16 am

Thanks for the link with examples. He looks a lot like the toeing out example. My poor defective baby. I love him no matter what.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby ellie@ny » July 28th, 2006, 4:55 pm

Do you have any update on his hips?
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby luvmyangels » July 29th, 2006, 10:51 pm

He has been taking an herbal supplement which seems to be working. But I noticed he moved kind of weird tonight. I need the vet out east to look at him again. You may have heard of their office since he is a really good homeopathic vet especially when it comes to cancer. It is the Hampton Vet Hospital out in Speonk with Dr. Wen and his associates. It is about a 45 minute or so ride depending how much I am speeding at the time. LOL.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » July 29th, 2006, 11:30 pm

Dr. Wen's former student, Dr. Lu is in Stony Brook, should that be closer for you. He is located across from the SB train station on 25A.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby luvmyangels » July 30th, 2006, 9:22 am

iluvk9 wrote:Dr. Wen's former student, Dr. Lu is in Stony Brook, should that be closer for you. He is located across from the SB train station on 25A.

Thanks for the info.. That would be closer. Although I like taking the ride out. I had gotten into a conversation with the associate that took care of Knuckles and they do not believe in giving all the innoculations every year. Which made me happy.

I guess you must be a fellow Long Islander.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » July 30th, 2006, 10:09 am

Yes, I live in Setauket.

I used Dr. Lu for 2 of my dogs when they were diagnosed with cancer. Although I lost both of them within months of each other, I felt his homeopathic treatments helped support their weakened systems.

Feel free to pm me of you want any more info. on Dr. Lu.

Joyce
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby luvmyangels » July 30th, 2006, 9:57 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Yes, I live in Setauket.

I used Dr. Lu for 2 of my dogs when they were diagnosed with cancer. Although I lost both of them within months of each other, I felt his homeopathic treatments helped support their weakened systems.

Feel free to pm me of you want any more info. on Dr. Lu.

Joyce

Joyce,

It is nice to meet a fellow Long Islander. I am sorry to hear about your losses.

Thank you for offering to provide more information.

Mary Ann
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » July 30th, 2006, 10:11 pm

Hi Mary Ann :greenWave:

Thank you for the condolences. I recently lost my husky-shep and boy my world is spinning. Your thoughful reply really meant a lot to me.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby luvmyangels » July 30th, 2006, 10:14 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Hi Mary Ann :greenWave:

Thank you for the condolences. I recently lost my husky-shep and boy my world is spinning. Your thoughful reply really meant a lot to me.

Oh gosh I am so sorry. It is so hard to lose a family member.
luvmyangels
I live here

Return to Nutrition & Health