Ugh... stupid nails

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby mnp13 » July 27th, 2006, 12:15 am

Heading to the Dog Sports Open tomorrow (100 yards past exit 47!!) and Mr. Riggs managed to quick three toenails this afternoon. Now he's limping. Lovely.

I'm not even going to let him walk on my driveway tomorrow.

He'll have half a day in the car so hopefully they won't hurt him by Friday.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » July 27th, 2006, 6:41 am

How did he do that? I've never had a dog quick himself before.
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Marinepits » July 27th, 2006, 7:04 am

Shorty does that all the time -- her nails are very soft. I put that liquid bandage stuff on the ends of her nails if they're really sore. I think it's called Nu-Skin?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 27th, 2006, 7:40 am

Poor Riggs! What a delicate little flower he is! :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » July 27th, 2006, 7:51 am

Weird! Is it just when she's been on concrete/rough surfaces? Or is it whenever?

I would probably buy a styptic pen, which is basically styptic powder in stick form, and keep it with me if my dogs did that.
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Purple » July 27th, 2006, 8:59 am

Purple does it all the time in the summer from running around the pool. The instant no-limp cure is an antibiotic salve with pain reliever. We have a generic brand in the dog cupboard.
Purple
I live here

Postby mnp13 » July 27th, 2006, 9:03 am

eviendly the cure was sleeping in my air conditioned bed room last night. He's fine today. His downstairs crate looks like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre though.

He did it chasing his reward on the neighbor's driveway. I have this big red Kong ball that he loves and I'd toss it and then release him. That little bugger can move when he wants to! He ran into the garage a few times though :rolleyes2:

He did two nails on one back foot and one on the other. He did the same thing the last two times I brought him to the tennis courts as well; but he had never limped before.

He's fine now though!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Purple » July 27th, 2006, 10:06 am

Purple usually recovers overnight, too.
Purple
I live here

Postby tradewind » July 27th, 2006, 3:49 pm

mnp13 wrote:eviendly the cure was sleeping in my air conditioned bed room last night. He's fine today. His downstairs crate looks like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre though.

He did it chasing his reward on the neighbor's driveway. I have this big red Kong ball that he loves and I'd toss it and then release him. That little bugger can move when he wants to! He ran into the garage a few times though :rolleyes2:

He did two nails on one back foot and one on the other. He did the same thing the last two times I brought him to the tennis courts as well; but he had never limped before.

He's fine now though!

Glad Mr. Riggs is better today.. Good Luck at the Dog Sports !!!!
tradewind
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Nutrition & Health