New raw food

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby ellie@ny » July 14th, 2006, 7:45 am

http://k-9kraving.com/pages/ourproduct.html#Ingredients

Of course there are no retailers in my area.... :x
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 14th, 2006, 8:19 am

If you wanna feed raw, just feed raw. :| That pre-chewed stuff takes away some of the benefits of eating raw - the ripping and tearing of meat cleans the bones, because it takes longer for them to eat the digestive juices get going to aid in digestion, etc. And I'll bet money the raw I'm feeding is cheaper than that stuff! :wink:

Too many veggies and additives in there anyway.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » July 14th, 2006, 10:44 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:If you wanna feed raw, just feed raw. :| That pre-chewed stuff takes away some of the benefits of eating raw - the ripping and tearing of meat cleans the bones, because it takes longer for them to eat the digestive juices get going to aid in digestion, etc. And I'll bet money the raw I'm feeding is cheaper than that stuff! :wink:

I smile every time I see you post things like this!! :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 14th, 2006, 10:55 am

Glad I could brighten your day! :wink:
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ellie@ny » July 15th, 2006, 3:03 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:If you wanna feed raw, just feed raw. :| That pre-chewed stuff takes away some of the benefits of eating raw - the ripping and tearing of meat cleans the bones, because it takes longer for them to eat the digestive juices get going to aid in digestion, etc. And I'll bet money the raw I'm feeding is cheaper than that stuff! :wink:

The reason I posted this food here,because not everybody have a time,life style to feed raw,or just haven't found a decent store to get the raw meat for a better price.I didn't posted this for the raw feeders.... :|

BTW I think when you feed raw you HAVE to give veggies and other supplements with the meat,if you want good results..... :greenWave:
Ellie
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » July 15th, 2006, 3:15 pm

You dont HAVE to feed veggies, but its not a bad idea to do so. I dont feed veggies regularly and my dogs are as healthy as can be. They do get supplements, but not every day. I wouldnt say that there are "too many veggies and supplements" in the food. I personally think that things like sweet potato and rice bran are not needed, and I know that many dogs have bad reactions to sunflower OIL, but I'm not sure about sunflower meal. Other than that, it seems to be an excellent food.

IMO, I would never feed it because it is WAAY cheaper and extremely easy to do raw yourself. It doesnt really take any more time to feed raw than it does to feed this or kibble. Feeding raw for me consists of grabbing a piece of meat and plopping it down infront of my dogs. Thats all there is too it. A couple times a week, they get an egg or other supplements, but alot of people do this to their kibble. I see no reason to pay out of my ass to have someone pre-make something that really takes not much effort at all to do myself. But thats just me :|
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby ellie@ny » July 15th, 2006, 4:48 pm

Magnolia618 wrote:You dont HAVE to feed veggies, but its not a bad idea to do so. I dont feed veggies regularly and my dogs are as healthy as can be. They do get supplements, but not every day. I wouldnt say that there are "too many veggies and supplements" in the food. I personally think that things like sweet potato and rice bran are not needed, and I know that many dogs have bad reactions to sunflower OIL, but I'm not sure about sunflower meal. Other than that, it seems to be an excellent food.

IMO, I would never feed it because it is WAAY cheaper and extremely easy to do raw yourself. It doesnt really take any more time to feed raw than it does to feed this or kibble. Feeding raw for me consists of grabbing a piece of meat and plopping it down infront of my dogs. Thats all there is too it. A couple times a week, they get an egg or other supplements, but alot of people do this to their kibble. I see no reason to pay out of my fanny to have someone pre-make something that really takes not much effort at all to do myself. But thats just me :|

Yep,and we're all different! :wink:
I feed raw+kibble,and I give supplements to my dogs every day.
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby concreterose » July 15th, 2006, 6:53 pm

ellie@ny wrote:
Magnolia618 wrote:You dont HAVE to feed veggies, but its not a bad idea to do so. I dont feed veggies regularly and my dogs are as healthy as can be. They do get supplements, but not every day. I wouldnt say that there are "too many veggies and supplements" in the food. I personally think that things like sweet potato and rice bran are not needed, and I know that many dogs have bad reactions to sunflower OIL, but I'm not sure about sunflower meal. Other than that, it seems to be an excellent food.

IMO, I would never feed it because it is WAAY cheaper and extremely easy to do raw yourself. It doesnt really take any more time to feed raw than it does to feed this or kibble. Feeding raw for me consists of grabbing a piece of meat and plopping it down infront of my dogs. Thats all there is too it. A couple times a week, they get an egg or other supplements, but alot of people do this to their kibble. I see no reason to pay out of my fanny to have someone pre-make something that really takes not much effort at all to do myself. But thats just me :|

Me too...better safe than sorry...and all the reading I've been doing is pointing to the fact that the meat supply (including organic) is not as vitamin and mineral rich as it was in the past because of the depeletion of minerals in the soil due to farming, pesticides, etc. I feel like better safe than sorry when it comes to supplementation. A few years down the line I don't want my dogs having health problems because I didn't give provide them enough vitamins and minerals in their youth.

Plus I have a dog that looks like she is the picture of health...but she has many issues...so I know first hand that looks can be deceiving, in the long run.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » July 16th, 2006, 12:31 am

ellie@ny wrote:

great :|

Plus I have a dog that looks like she is the picture of health...but she has many issues...

I'm not just going by looks.
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Return to Nutrition & Health