Dragging bum and irritated bum, help please

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby lipshipsattitude » July 13th, 2006, 2:21 pm

So last night I noticed Rory dragging her bum along the carpet and I thought "oh great, not worms" She only did it about two times in one hour and I remember when she had worms before she was draggin like CRAZY. She had in one time a year ago and we treated it with no reaccurance.
I immedialty ran to the back yard to check her waste, found no signs of worms and she pooped ten minutes later and I saw no sign.
So I lifted up her tail to check things out and she had what looked like to be several flea bites rubbed raw, almost like a little rash and her "exit hole" looked red and irritated. I threw her in the bath and used some soothing shampoo, took her out put some neosporin on it and gave her some benadryll incase it was a rash or a break out of flea bites. I chose to giver it to her because if she gets too many flea bites she gets hives as a reaction. Plus it was bedtime and I figured it would help her relax and not try to scratch or irritate it anymore.
This morning the rash was gone, her "exit hole" looked great and within two hours time I saw no bum dragging. She did poop again and no sign of worms. I'm hoping she just got a lil itch but what do you all think? I was gonna take a pic of it but like I said it was gone this morning. Thanks in advance everyone!
lipshipsattitude
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » July 13th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Could be she needs her anal glands expressed. :puke: Your vet can do it for a few dollars & show you how to do it in the future.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » July 13th, 2006, 2:28 pm

I was thinking that, too.

Whew....that was a close one.....we almost had to look at "exit hole" pictures! :door:
Purple
I live here

Postby lipshipsattitude » July 13th, 2006, 2:45 pm

Oh come on, you all dont wanna see close up pics of Rory's bum? Ha ha, I dont think she woulda been to open to me snapping pics anwhoo!
I jusst read up about the whole anal gland thing and I'm gonna giver her the rest of today and tonight to see if she keeps scooting, if so then off to the vet we go!
lipshipsattitude
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » July 13th, 2006, 3:13 pm

trust me on this one...

No price is to much to pay to have someone else stick their finger in your dog's butt. It was $10 to have Cleo's done, and I was more than happy to pay it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby lipshipsattitude » July 13th, 2006, 7:18 pm

mnp13 wrote:trust me on this one...

No price is to much to pay to have someone else stick their finger in your dog's butt. It was $10 to have Cleo's done, and I was more than happy to pay it.

My thoughts exactly!
lipshipsattitude
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby msvette2u » July 22nd, 2006, 6:57 pm

Most groomers perform this service as well.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Nutrition & Health