Question regarding urination

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby luvmyangels » July 7th, 2006, 10:43 am

I have all the dogs on a split of Raw and Timberwolf right now. This morning I woke up to a pool of urine that stretched from Knuckles cage to across the room. Part of it was clear and part was yellow. He had been let out prior to going to bed. With a sign like this I probably should have a blood test run on him to see if there is something going on.

Please give me your thoughts and suggestions.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here
 
Posts: 3449
Location: NY

Postby mnp13 » July 7th, 2006, 10:50 am

I think one accident doesn't really need a trip to the vet.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby SpiritFngrz » July 7th, 2006, 11:07 am

Yah maybe if it continues ....or you notice blood in it
User avatar
SpiritFngrz
I live here
 
Posts: 2711
Location: Central Mass.

Postby luvmyangels » July 7th, 2006, 11:11 am

mnp13 wrote:I think one accident doesn't really need a trip to the vet.


But so much? It was like a stream across the whole kitchen. I just thought it was a lot. I guess I will keep a close on him outside and see if he is urinating too much or if this was just a freak thing.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here
 
Posts: 3449
Location: NY

Postby katiek0417 » July 7th, 2006, 5:03 pm

luvmyangels wrote:
mnp13 wrote:I think one accident doesn't really need a trip to the vet.


But so much? It was like a stream across the whole kitchen. I just thought it was a lot. I guess I will keep a close on him outside and see if he is urinating too much or if this was just a freak thing.


I would ask myself if anything else in your house has changed. Or did he get more water than usual yesterday? My dogs drink water off the ground when it rains, and we've had so much rain that I have standing water in my yard....

Obviously, if it happens again, I'd make a call to the vet and ask what he/she thinks...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
User avatar
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder
 
Posts: 6280
Location: Glen Burnie, MD

Postby luvmyangels » July 7th, 2006, 5:09 pm

My house is insane right now. He feeds off of my anxiety which is not a good thing right now. But we have had a ton of rain here too. So who knows maybe he had to go since he drank so much. I just never saw a dog pee sooooooo much all over the floor before. He must have lifted his leg and had good aim getting it out of the crate.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here
 
Posts: 3449
Location: NY

Postby katiek0417 » July 7th, 2006, 11:57 pm

luvmyangels wrote:My house is insane right now. He feeds off of my anxiety which is not a good thing right now. But we have had a ton of rain here too. So who knows maybe he had to go since he drank so much. I just never saw a dog pee sooooooo much all over the floor before. He must have lifted his leg and had good aim getting it out of the crate.


I would wait and see. It sounds like you have a lot going on (and a lot of rain water to drink)....Let us know what happens!!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
User avatar
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder
 
Posts: 6280
Location: Glen Burnie, MD


Return to Nutrition & Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot]

cron