The Puppies, a question?

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby msvette2u » June 15th, 2006, 4:40 pm

I know they are quite young(3 weeks is our guess).
They are doing really pretty good physically, but I don't know if it's bad for a puppy not to have all the sucking that they do though? I know that sounds odd but you know how human babies suck their thumbs or a pacifier or something, well when bottle feeding these they are full, tummys tight as ticks but they want to continue to suck.
Anyway they are lapping from a bowl and not too shabbily so they aren't going to die, physically they are OK but I don't know if the not sucking thing is going to be a problem?
And should I try to get them onto kibble soaked in puppy milk soon and if so what age?
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 15th, 2006, 5:23 pm

At almost 3 weeks I was giving mine watery puppy can food with the milk replacer. Because it had some substance to it they were sucking it off the plate. I did this with them because the bottle thing didn't work- they didn't really like it.
maybe at 5 weeks try the kibble soaked in puppy milk.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby msvette2u » June 15th, 2006, 5:47 pm

Thank you!!! I do have some canned food, I'll start it maybe in a day or two. Their poops are really good, sightly soft but with form, so no runs or anything. Amazingly healthy little beasts!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 15th, 2006, 5:48 pm

That's great!! :clap:
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Return to Nutrition & Health