My Adventure to Petco

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby luvmyangels » June 11th, 2006, 4:06 pm

I just got back from Petco. I took the 3 dogs by myself to go get the lepto shot which actually ended up being a 6 in 1.

Well I walked in with the 3 dogs and everyone stared at me. They started looking at Cookie and Knuckles and were saying OOOh that's a Pit Bull. About 2 minutes after getting there Cookie turned to the Husky behind us and let out a big growling bark. Everyone stopped and started going Oooh was that the Pit Bull??? So of course people piss me off and I turned around and said, "NO It wasn't the Pit Bull it was the Lab Mix." Well everyone turned around and shut up.

There was this one lady with a pom pom dog (no offense to anyone) who was all dressed up and she kept coming back and forth with her dog letting her dog go up to every dog. So someone made a low comment and I turned around and said loudly she should not be allowing her dog to go up to every dog she is lucky nothing happened. The woman behind me said yeah you are right. The next time this brilliant soul came by she was holding her dog.

I was at Petco from 2:00pm to 3:45pm after the one incident and Cookie's correction the 3 dogs either sat or lied down the whole time without another incident. People were complimenting me because they were all so good. There was a little girl that came over and asked if she could pet them and they actually sat politely. All I have to say is Thank Goodness because I was stressed that they weren't going to be good and it was a huge line of dogs. There were dogs that were completely out of control.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby satanscheerleader » June 11th, 2006, 4:13 pm

You are a crazy lady. There is no way I'd take three of my dogs to the vet at the same time! lol
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby luvmyangels » June 11th, 2006, 4:25 pm

satanscheerleader wrote:You are a crazy lady. There is no way I'd take three of my dogs to the vet at the same time! lol

I think I lost a pound or two from stress.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby ellie@ny » June 11th, 2006, 6:03 pm

satanscheerleader wrote:You are a crazy lady. There is no way I'd take three of my dogs to the vet at the same time! lol

Ditto that!!!!!!!!What were you thinking???When I went there,I used my boyfriend help,or just split the dogs to two weekend...When we were there I got comments in the first 10 minutes,then they get over about my dogs,and came to pet them....because they were behaved,not like those miniaturized little evils(and their owners)!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 11th, 2006, 7:34 pm

LOL That is what I was thinking too!

I glad all went well!

It is a fortune to do shots at the vet... this sounds like a good alternative
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmyangels » June 11th, 2006, 9:07 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:I glad all went well!

It is a fortune to do shots at the vet... this sounds like a good alternative

Well it only cost $60.00 for the 3 dogs to get the 6 in 1. I only needed the lepto but they did a 6 in 1 because that is what they had. They told me the lepto stings and is easier when it is done with all the other vaccines in one. I refused to pay $150.00 to step into the vets office and then have to pay for the shot on top of it.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » June 11th, 2006, 9:23 pm

The honest truth is I am not sure how I got through it because prior to going to Petco I spent a few hours in the ER with my husband's 88 year old grandfather. He called me saying he was dizzy and he thought he was going to pass out. He lives on his own and he still goes to work everyday. After doing a chest x-ray and cat scan they think he has pneumonia which he had just gotten out of the hospital a week and a half ago with the same problem. They are also concerned about his liver and gall bladder. He has major heart problems. Needless to say they are admitting him to the hospital for an over night stay.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 11th, 2006, 9:27 pm

I hope his Grandfather is OK!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmyangels » June 11th, 2006, 9:38 pm

Thank you!!!

I absolutely love that picture of Patcheeno in your avatar.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby satanscheerleader » June 11th, 2006, 10:01 pm

:( Poor Grandpa.
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby luvmyangels » June 11th, 2006, 10:18 pm

satanscheerleader wrote::( Poor Grandpa.

Thank you. How is your beautiful little girl doing?
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby satanscheerleader » June 12th, 2006, 3:08 am

She is doing pretty good. Dad finally relented and let me cut bangs for her and now I can actually see her face! lol He's got some weird anti hair cutting thing going on. :|
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby katiek0417 » June 12th, 2006, 7:49 am

I've done both my dogs and all 3 cats at the same time....That was a fun trip!!!!

luvmyangels wrote: There was this one lady with a pom pom dog (no offense to anyone) who was all dressed up and she kept coming back and forth with her dog letting her dog go up to every dog. So someone made a low comment and I turned around and said loudly she should not be allowing her dog to go up to every dog she is lucky nothing happened. The woman behind me said yeah you are right. The next time this brilliant soul came by she was holding her dog.

I was at Petco from 2:00pm to 3:45pm after the one incident and Cookie's correction the 3 dogs either sat or lied down the whole time without another incident. People were complimenting me because they were all so good. There was a little girl that came over and asked if she could pet them and they actually sat politely. All I have to say is Thank Goodness because I was stressed that they weren't going to be good and it was a huge line of dogs. There were dogs that were completely out of control.

I'm convinced the longer the leash, the more poorly behaved the dog!!!

luvmyangels wrote:The honest truth is I am not sure how I got through it because prior to going to Petco I spent a few hours in the ER with my husband's 88 year old grandfather. He called me saying he was dizzy and he thought he was going to pass out. He lives on his own and he still goes to work everyday. After doing a chest x-ray and cat scan they think he has pneumonia which he had just gotten out of the hospital a week and a half ago with the same problem. They are also concerned about his liver and gall bladder. He has major heart problems. Needless to say they are admitting him to the hospital for an over night stay.

I hope grandpa is okay....
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby luvmyangels » June 12th, 2006, 8:55 am

katiek0417 wrote:

I've done both my dogs and all 3 cats at the same time....That was a fun trip!!!!

I'm convinced the longer the leash, the more poorly behaved the dog!!!

I hope grandpa is okay....

Ok. You are crazier than I am.

The woman had one of those leashes that you can press the button to let more leash out. Sorry it is early can't think of what they are called.

Thank you about Grandpa.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby mnp13 » June 12th, 2006, 9:52 am

luvmyangels wrote:The woman had one of those leashes that you can press the button to let more leash out. Sorry it is early can't think of what they are called

They are called pure evil (flexi lead)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Maryellen » June 12th, 2006, 9:53 am

i have taken my 3 to the vet at once too,,, talk about a stressful time.. i wont do it anymore.. you need to be more concerned about the idiot owners and the flexi leads then your own dogs........

that is a great price for vaccines!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby mnp13 » June 12th, 2006, 9:58 am

I've taken three at a time to the vet, and that's with the cats loose in the car. :|

The last time, I brought Ruby and Faye. I came out to get Faye and Ruby was jammed under the dashboard infront of the passenger seat. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. then I saw a pile of poop that was obviously Faye's, poor girl didn't want to get blamed for the cat being bad!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby luvmyangels » June 12th, 2006, 10:40 am

mnp13 wrote:
luvmyangels wrote:The woman had one of those leashes that you can press the button to let more leash out. Sorry it is early can't think of what they are called

They are called pure evil (flexi lead)

I wanted to smack this woman though because her dog was prancing past my dogs and all I could think is that they see this as a moving pom pom target. Luckily when I told them to leave it they looked at me and just watched it prance back and forth.

I will say I was quite impressed by Knuckles who when I told him to sit he sat and when I told him to leave it he left it alone.

I have taken all 3 to the vet before which is stressful because my older dog freaks out because he knows where he is going and then the other two get out of sorts. But I have never taken them to Petco all together at once with a ton of other dogs all around.

There was this guy at the back of the line with a mastiff and he could not control. All I kept hearing was him telling his dog to "SHUT UP" like he was a nasty violent person. People like that I want to just take their dogs from them and show them how to handle the dog.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » June 12th, 2006, 10:41 am

mnp13 wrote:then I saw a pile of poop that was obviously Faye's, poor girl didn't want to get blamed for the cat being bad!

Hahahaha! Poor Ruby!

I HATE taking Wally and Halo anyplace at the same time. Wally is easy enough, but Halo is a spaz monkey, his manners are not what the should be and his doggy language is WAY off so I need to be able to have my eyes on him and him alone at all times.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvmyangels » June 12th, 2006, 10:42 am

mnp13 wrote:I've taken three at a time to the vet, and that's with the cats loose in the car. :|

The last time, I brought Ruby and Faye. I came out to get Faye and Ruby was jammed under the dashboard infront of the passenger seat. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. then I saw a pile of poop that was obviously Faye's, poor girl didn't want to get blamed for the cat being bad!

With cats running around in the car. Wow!!
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Next

Return to Nutrition & Health