Deep Pyoderma

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » June 10th, 2006, 10:12 pm

Who here is a breeder? Patch-O-Pits? Any other kennels we could get input from?

I really am curious. Our boys are byb pups, but luckily they don't seem to have any health issues.
Sid came from a nasty past, so I wonder how much that has to do with it. So many pits seem to have skin allergies and poor immune systems.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 10th, 2006, 10:27 pm

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:Who here is a breeder? Patch-O-Pits? Any other kennels we could get input from?

I really am curious. Our boys are byb pups, but luckily they don't seem to have any health issues.
Sid came from a nasty past, so I wonder how much that has to do with it. So many pits seem to have skin allergies and poor immune systems.

I think a poor immune system as well as genetic issues such as heart murmurs and HD can unfortunately pop up in any litter, breeders can not control all variables, but it is more likely to see problems with poorly bred dogs who come from parents who exhibit problems, are untested or come from qestionable lines. It is best to try to get to know the lines of the dog before breeding. You need to look past the parents and into the heritage.

I also think that pups hat have very stressful starts are more likely to develop immune problems from what I've seen, but that is JMO
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » June 10th, 2006, 10:39 pm

Thanks for the response, that's really kind of what I was thinking.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » June 11th, 2006, 7:55 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:
ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:Who here is a breeder? Patch-O-Pits? Any other kennels we could get input from?

I think a poor immune system as well as genetic issues such as heart murmurs and HD can unfortunately pop up in any litter, breeders can not control all variables, but it is more likely to see problems with poorly bred dogs who come from parents who exhibit problems, are untested or come from qestionable lines. It is best to try to get to know the lines of the dog before breeding. You need to look past the parents and into the heritage.

I also think that pups hat have very stressful starts are more likely to develop immune problems from what I've seen, but that is JMO

Good post!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health