Good thoughts needed for Gremlin!

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby TheRedQueen » November 14th, 2011, 10:08 pm

One of my classic car litter pups...almost one year old...Gremlin is headed to the ER for surgery tonight. Not been eating for a few days, throwing up. Didn't think it was a blockage, but the vet changed their mind...so he's heading in for surgery.

Please keep him in your thoughts! :(
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 15th, 2011, 9:23 am

Poor little guy! Any updates this morning?

:goodthoughts:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » November 15th, 2011, 9:49 am

Any news?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » November 15th, 2011, 10:04 am

He's slowly waking up this morning...had to take out an inch or so of dead intestine...he'd eaten a leash.

So far so good...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » November 15th, 2011, 2:45 pm

the next few days will be important for him. Good thoughts.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby HappyPuppy » November 15th, 2011, 7:32 pm

Fingers crossed for an easy fix! Damn these blockage situations! I know it is just the individual dog... but I am sooo lucky and sooo happy that Ruby just shreds and spits out!!! That compulsion to chew and swallow whatever is in there only seems to work with food for her! That is just a relief knowing that when I pick up any pieces around the house it means they are not in her tummy. I don't know what owners of rock-eaters do... bed eaters get no bed, that's simple... but there are so many things to eat!
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » November 15th, 2011, 9:50 pm

Healthy and healing vibes for Gremlin!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby call2arms » November 15th, 2011, 11:14 pm

Good vibes for the Gremlin - be tough!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby ArtGypsy » November 15th, 2011, 11:58 pm

:shock: a Leash!!??

Oh-GREMLIN.........Warm thoughts and Best Wishes !!
fingers and paws crossed out here!!
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Malli » November 16th, 2011, 3:35 am

HappyPuppy wrote:Fingers crossed for an easy fix! Damn these blockage situations! I know it is just the individual dog... but I am sooo lucky and sooo happy that Ruby just shreds and spits out!!! That compulsion to chew and swallow whatever is in there only seems to work with food for her! That is just a relief knowing that when I pick up any pieces around the house it means they are not in her tummy. I don't know what owners of rock-eaters do... bed eaters get no bed, that's simple... but there are so many things to eat!

some rock eater's owners muzzle their dogs at all times outside the house :shock:
I met a 3 time rock-surgery dog once.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » November 16th, 2011, 11:43 pm

Update from Gremmy's mom:

Gremlin is happy to be home. We are excited that he is taking baby steps toward getting better. He is keeping everything down and has taken a few bites of food on his own

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » November 17th, 2011, 3:33 am

oh good good!
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Nutrition & Health