How does you Kibble Rate?? Very interesting Reviews

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby concreterose » June 3rd, 2006, 10:01 am

mnp13 wrote:Was anyone able to find my EVO posts on PBF? Do a search for EVO and Ruby and maybe blood.

Hey, I looked for it too; I couldn't find it anywhere.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby turtle » June 3rd, 2006, 11:15 am

Romanwild wrote:It' very expensive but the price doesn't really matter to me. If it's for my dog kids. :|

If the price doesn't really matter, why wouldn't you get the blood panel done on at least one dog? And why not feed Timberwolf since it is about the same price? :|

Not trying to start anything, just wondering as what you are saying in your posts is contradictory.

In one you said you are not getting the blood work done because you can not afford it, and yet in the post above, you say the price really does not matter? :|
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby turtle » June 3rd, 2006, 11:18 am

odnarb wrote:For the record, I have a blood panel pending on Harry. It will be interesting to see what it says!

I may go back to TWolf, if the suppliers can convince me that they can stock it better now than when I tried it before. Harry just doens't do food changes well, so I don't want to risk not being able to get his food in a pinch.

Yes, that would be most interesting to see what Harry's blood work is like. How long has he been on the EVO?

I buy my TW pretty far in advance of when I need it just in case. I've not had any problems nor delays in getting it, guess I've been lucky.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby Jenn » June 3rd, 2006, 12:08 pm

Verderben wrote:
JennKBM wrote:I agree, thanks for sharing!!!! :)

Now, I'd like to know which of the 5 or 6 star feeds can be found at Petco or Petsmart? Anyone know if any? :|

lol I work at petsmart and the ONLY good food we sell on there is Blue buffalo.... Petco has Dick Van Pattens ... If anyone has a Pet Supplies Plus nearby they sell alot of the 4 and 5 star foods for reasonable price and can order any of the 5 and 6 star foods for you . All you gotta do is ask them.

Well, I've researched all morning, and viewed both sites. I did find that the Castor and Pollux Ultramix was carried by Petco which got 5 stars. Only thing is that the ingredients don't match. :| I'm going to get over that way sometime soon, and see in person ~ I printed out the ingredients and a picture of the bag. Otherwise Petco sells Sensible Choice, and Dick van pattens Natural Balance both which were rated 4 stars. You were right about Petsmart, (of course) the only food they sold which rated a 4 star rating was the Blue Buffalo but it was more expensive than the above brands sold at Petco. If they don't carry the Ultramix or if it's not in at least a 30lb bag than I'm going to compare the DVP and the Sensible Choice prices/bag size/ingredients.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Romanwild » June 3rd, 2006, 12:11 pm

gf turtle wrote:
Romanwild wrote:It' very expensive but the price doesn't really matter to me. If it's for my dog kids. :|

If the price doesn't really matter, why wouldn't you get the blood panel done on at least one dog?

It's a timing thing. My dogs have to eat. They don't have to get blood work. I'm not rich. Good food for my dogs is the priority. The blood work isn't. I don't belive they are getting too much protein from the EVO.

And why not feed Timberwolf since it is about the same price? :|

I like EVO and my dogs have done great on it. IMO it's better then TW, ingrediant wise, but I would try TW if it were available where I live. I'm not interested at all in having my food delivered.

Not trying to start anything, just wondering as what you are saying in your posts is contradictory.

In one you said you are not getting the blood work done because you can not afford it, and yet in the post above, you say the price really does not matter? :|

Like I said, my dogs have to eat, they don't have to have blood work. There is no contradiction.

Perhaps, in the future, when my budget allows it I will conduct some experiments, for the sake of discussion, with a bunch of different kibbles and raw.

BTW, In the 2 days that I have had them on Chicken Soup there poop output has almost doubled and I'm giving them the same amount that I was of the EVO. Hmmmm. Perhaps there is some crap in a 6 star food that my dogs can't digest? :|
Romanwild
I live here

Postby odnarb » June 3rd, 2006, 12:35 pm

gf turtle wrote:Yes, that would be most interesting to see what Harry's blood work is like. How long has he been on the EVO?

Two to three months maybe?

One renal enzyme was high, the other was normal. The one that was high was the BUN, which is the one that can be influenced more by outside forces. It was only slightly high, and he'd been without water for a while (he spills it in his kennel then SCREAMS), and BUN can go up from dehydration.

The Creatinine, the renal enzyme that is less effected by outside forces, was normal. In fact, it was lower and closer to midrange this time than it was last time, when he was eating Canidae.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health