I got a great price on chicken today

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby luvmyangels » May 27th, 2006, 3:02 pm

If anyone lives near a King Kullen I got Perdue thighs for .39 a pound this morning. Plus if you are lucky enough to find their circular they have a $10 off $75.00 or more. Not the in store circulars though.

But I had the funniest experience this morning. I to King Kullen really early to make sure I could get the chicken I needed. Of course nothing was out since I got there so early and a person from the meat department was doing work. So I asked him for the chicken. He ran into the back too fast for me to say I want 10 packages. So he came out with just 2. I then said can I have 8 more and he just looked at me like I was absolutely nuts. He brought them out and said, "That's alot of chicken". So I said it wasn't for me it was for my dogs. So he responded "oh". It was just a funny experience I wanted to share.

I am so new with doing the Raw so it is interesting to see how people react. Next Tuesday is going to be 4 weeks of Raw. Although it can get messy I am so pleased with the results. Most of all less poop.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm

that IS a good deal!! I get those looks too when I am buying 10 packages of turkey legs or something like that. The checker asks me & I say it's for me & the dogs. Then I get what kind of dogs? Won't it make them mean? Don't they get sick? I find it a great way to educate peopel & have several who asked me for websites because they are interested. I enjoy it! if it helps someone help their dog theen it is worth the questions & stares.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby turtle » May 27th, 2006, 3:32 pm

Yes, that's a good price for chicken thighs. The lowest I have bought chicken quarters is 17 cents a pound but then I have to cut them in half. Thighs are much easier!

I hit it lucky too today with the marked down meats. I got about 4 1/2 pounds of thighs for the same 39 cents and 4 pounds of quarters for about 29 cents a pound plus 2 pounds of beef steak for $1 a pound... LOL, hubby stole the 4 largest thighs for the BBQ! Two humans and one dog can eat pretty well on marked down and cheap meats!
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby luvmyangels » May 27th, 2006, 4:15 pm

gf turtle wrote:Yes, that's a good price for chicken thighs. The lowest I have bought chicken quarters is 17 cents a pound but then I have to cut them in half. Thighs are much easier!

I hit it lucky too today with the marked down meats. I got about 4 1/2 pounds of thighs for the same 39 cents and 4 pounds of quarters for about 29 cents a pound plus 2 pounds of beef steak for $1 a pound... LOL, hubby stole the 4 largest thighs for the BBQ! Two humans and one dog can eat pretty well on marked down and cheap meats!

That is an awesome price!!!
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » May 27th, 2006, 4:18 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:that IS a good deal!! I get those looks too when I am buying 10 packages of turkey legs or something like that. The checker asks me & I say it's for me & the dogs. Then I get what kind of dogs? Won't it make them mean? Don't they get sick? I find it a great way to educate peopel & have several who asked me for websites because they are interested. I enjoy it! if it helps someone help their dog theen it is worth the questions & stares.

That is great that you are able to educate and help people while purchasing food for your dogs. I am still learning as I get more confident I will be able to do the same.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby concreterose » May 27th, 2006, 11:08 pm

Don't you just love it when you find good deals? Last week when I was going to pick up my Bravo order, my distributor was telling me of a great sale that the country market by her house had. I bought 20 pounds of ground beef for $1 per pound, so all i have to do is add organs to it! And they had chicken leg quarters with the back attached for 29 cents per pound. Then I found another source that had ground turkey with organs for $1 per pound. YOu can believe I stocked up my freezer...feeding two dogs certainly adds up, as my dogs are pretty active!
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby luvmyangels » May 28th, 2006, 8:16 am

concreterose wrote:Don't you just love it when you find good deals? Last week when I was going to pick up my Bravo order, my distributor was telling me of a great sale that the country market by her house had. I bought 20 pounds of ground beef for $1 per pound, so all i have to do is add organs to it! And they had chicken leg quarters with the back attached for 29 cents per pound. Then I found another source that had ground turkey with organs for $1 per pound. YOu can believe I stocked up my freezer...feeding two dogs certainly adds up, as my dogs are pretty active!

It is great when I find deals since I have 3 monster dogs to feed. I have to get my 2nd chest freezer going because when I find the deals I need the room.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Return to Nutrition & Health