I finally got prepackaged Raw from a place everyone has been

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby luvmyangels » May 25th, 2006, 3:09 pm

raving about. There is this place in Huntington Station called Armellino's Turkey Delight that everyone has been telling me about. I have heard people from as far as Staten Island come into this place. Well I just went there and had a great experience. I got a case which consists of 25, 2lb packages of chicken mix for $50.00. I also got some Lamb Mix which I am going to try next. A case of that is $75.00. I also picked up three large bones for them to chew on.

I do have a question though regarding the bones. How long should I allow them to chew on them before taking them away? The woman said they are a little larger than usual so it will take them a while to get down to the marrow. My response was well it will keep them busy for a while. But I am really concerned as to how long they should have them out before I take them back (same question twice)? My other question is, when they are done with them do I put them in the refrigerator or freezer?
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby mnp13 » May 25th, 2006, 3:23 pm

I freeze the bones inbetween 'uses' but if you are around, just let them keep working on them.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby luvmyangels » May 25th, 2006, 3:30 pm

mnp13 wrote:I freeze the bones inbetween 'uses' but if you are around, just let them keep working on them.

Ok. But how long is too long to keep them out since they are Raw??
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby mnp13 » May 25th, 2006, 3:37 pm

Well, I give them to the dogs outside. when they put them down and flies get on them I rise them off and freeze them again.

:|
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby luvmyangels » May 25th, 2006, 3:38 pm

mnp13 wrote:Well, I give them to the dogs outside. when they put them down and flies get on them I rise them off and freeze them again.

:|

Thank you very much.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Return to Nutrition & Health