Truman's Surgery

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby cheekymunkee » January 15th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Glad he is better!!

pocketpit wrote:Glad to hear the Pony is feeling a little better. That incision site looks awsome, hardly any discoloration at all and not too swollen.
Oh, and the highlight of my day was when he pooped.
This cracks me up! Every client seems to overly concerned with pooping and I can't for the life of me figure out why. :D

I think it is because human hospitals put so much emphasis on pooping after surgery.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » January 16th, 2011, 1:29 am

pocketpit wrote:Glad to hear the Pony is feeling a little better. That incision site looks awsome, hardly any discoloration at all and not too swollen.
Oh, and the highlight of my day was when he pooped.
This cracks me up! Every client seems to overly concerned with pooping and I can't for the life of me figure out why. :D

I've been told that pooping means that the digestive system is back to normal after the anesthetic. :|
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pocketpit » January 16th, 2011, 4:11 am

[quoteI've been told that pooping means that the digestive system is back to normal after the anesthetic][/quote]

Well that would be a good answer. The veterinary community doesn't seem to really be all that concerned about pooping so I don't know if that applies or we just don't care. Often times we have clients with animals that haven't eaten in days too and the owners just don't grasp the concept that food has to go in in order to go out. Cat owners are some of the worst clients when it comes to detailing their pets every move and being overly concerned. We have some that have log books of every aspect of daily life and practically weigh the fecal content so they can tell you when something is "off".
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby madremissy » January 16th, 2011, 6:23 am

Good Morning. I hope you both got some sleep last night. Here is to a good day. Give him a kiss from me :kissBlush:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby iluvk9 » January 16th, 2011, 9:00 am

Good morning! Last night was a little better with less grumpiness. Truman, too. :wink:

He REALLY wants to go into the far backyard, but he can't. Dogs made snow tracks and it has a slight upgrade going there. His personality is coming back so the pain must be less.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » January 16th, 2011, 9:08 am

iluvk9 wrote:Good morning! Last night was a little better with less grumpiness. Truman, too. :wink:

lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » January 16th, 2011, 10:16 am

And no one fainted, right? ;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby call2arms » January 16th, 2011, 10:59 am

Yay for Truman feeling better! And pooping, of course. :D
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby hugapitbull » January 16th, 2011, 11:26 am

All reports sounding positive. Good job, Truman (and Joyce)!
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » January 16th, 2011, 11:42 am

TheRedQueen wrote:And no one fainted, right? ;)

:giggle: No, we are all conscious.

He decided to get a drink on his own (I have been bringing him dishes of water!) and then wanted to sit in the sunlight. Notice the new leg position? I am getting woozy...:shock:

iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » January 16th, 2011, 7:54 pm

I know that he wouldn't do that if it was painfu,l but it made me cringe. :shocker: Everyday will be better. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » January 16th, 2011, 10:27 pm

Still sending you both the best of thoughts, he looks like he's getting around "relatively" well. :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » January 16th, 2011, 11:38 pm

I'm glad he's feeling better, even if his leg position is a tad nauseating. LOL!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby iluvk9 » January 17th, 2011, 6:35 am

Last night was good. :) Pain meds have now been one in the morning and one at night. So, that is improving.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » January 17th, 2011, 11:55 am

Excellent, so he's right on track for recovery..see your are the best.
airwalk
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » January 17th, 2011, 12:28 pm

New leg photo. I think the swelling has gone down 60%.

Not impressed with all the attention Truman is getting.

Poor Lenny has to be crated when I go out, but sadly, he lived in a crate 24/7 his whole life, so he willingly goes in. :( Notice the paw....That is how I always find him.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SisMorphine » January 17th, 2011, 12:42 pm

Awww look at those two pouty faces! But I bet they'd be even more pouty if it was them that had surgery. Hahahahaha!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby SisMorphine » January 17th, 2011, 12:47 pm

Double post
SisMorphine

Postby plebayo » January 17th, 2011, 1:37 pm

Awww poor Lenny.

Truman's leg looks really good, glad to hear he's on such little pain medication. I have to agree, I think they'd be even more pouty if they were in Truman's shoes :p
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » January 17th, 2011, 1:51 pm

Just gave Vet an update. I mentioned that Truman often toe-touches the ground when he goes outside (on leash, of course). He said he didn't want to get my hopes up for a fast recovery, but Truman was toe-touching the floor right after he woke up from surgery.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health