Truman's Surgery

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby HappyPuppy » January 17th, 2011, 2:44 pm

That is encouraging nonetheless re toe touching.... Dangit - I always seem to be super late on things like this... but I am so pleased that things seem to be on track and that there has been less grumpiness, some pooping and no fainting!
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby madremissy » January 17th, 2011, 2:55 pm

Those two pouty faces are so heartbreaking :( BUT, they will be fine. You have your plan down pat and things are coming along great. Give everyone kissess.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby airwalk » January 17th, 2011, 3:56 pm

Excellent with toe touching. You know this, but I'm going to say it anyway...let him set the pace (within reason). When he is willing to toe touch, don't freak, it's a good thing. I didn't worry about toe touching I just tried to make sure Doogie felt steady enough to not slam his leg down to steady himslef.
airwalk
I live here

Postby CinderDee » January 17th, 2011, 6:01 pm

He looks great! I'm so glad he's doing this well. :) I'm wondering if it would be helpful to put his food/water up a little higher?
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » January 17th, 2011, 6:42 pm

airwalk wrote:Excellent with toe touching. You know this, but I'm going to say it anyway...let him set the pace (within reason). When he is willing to toe touch, don't freak, it's a good thing. I didn't worry about toe touching I just tried to make sure Doogie felt steady enough to not slam his leg down to steady himslef.

Ok. :) I figured there is nothing I can do either way...toe touching or holding it up, so I am just walking him on leash as slow as I can get him to, and keeping him in the dog den with rubber backed rugs.

CinderDee wrote:He looks great! I'm so glad he's doing this well. :) I'm wondering if it would be helpful to put his food/water up a little higher?

I usually feed him with his dish on the kitchen chair, but I can't let him in there because it is tiled. He has been eating while lounging on his twin bed. I have been holding his water bowl up for him. :rolleyes2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby call2arms » January 17th, 2011, 8:39 pm

If I were him I'd be milking it for another good... 6 months. He's got it good with you Joyce!

It hasn't been very long, I agree with other, let him set his pace, as long as it's not too quick!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby iluvk9 » January 17th, 2011, 8:43 pm

8) Yes, he does have it rather good here. Did I mention I am still sleeping on the floor in the dog den? Missy told me how to set up a fake bed for myself using pillows. :giggle: This is why I have a magnet for my SUV that says: "I SLEEP WITH DOGS".
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Ino » January 17th, 2011, 9:23 pm

I'm glad Truman's recovery is going well!! Give him a big hug for me!!!
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby call2arms » January 17th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Now Joyce, treat yourself and just buy another twin bed to put next to his. Or better, buy the two of you a queen sized one. :D
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby madremissy » January 17th, 2011, 10:10 pm

call2arms wrote:Now Joyce, treat yourself and just buy another twin bed to put next to his. Or better, buy the two of you a queen sized one. :D

They have one, but it is upstairs and Truman can't get to right now :wink: .

I hope you don't mind Joyce, but I love this picture you sent the night before his surgery. Truman's eyes tell it all. He is a special pony and the way you love your animals is inspiring. I wish all dogs could experience half the love of what yours do. :hug3:

madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby mnp13 » January 18th, 2011, 12:07 am

iluvk9 wrote:8) Yes, he does have it rather good here. Did I mention I am still sleeping on the floor in the dog den? Missy told me how to set up a fake bed for myself using pillows. :giggle: This is why I have a magnet for my SUV that says: "I SLEEP WITH DOGS".

I slept downstairs for days after Connor's surgery, just in case he needed me. We had him so drugged he could barely move, but I refused to not sleep where I could get to him in a moment's notice...

We do it for ourselves, and I know that, but at the same time, I honestly think that they understand on some level. He's more comfortable because you're calmer... and you're calmer because you're with him.

I'm another on the list of people who wants to be reincarnated as one of your dogs. :)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » January 18th, 2011, 12:32 am

I LOVE that photo that you posted!
Very touching, and reminds me of those "moments" I have when I remember why I love my pooches and those damn cats too. :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » January 18th, 2011, 6:58 am

mnp13 wrote:I'm another on the list of people who wants to be reincarnated as one of your dogs. :)

Michelle, after my Mom had her first stroke and was still able to speak, but it was "touch and go", she was going over the bank accts, insurance and other stuff. She leaned over and said, "One more thing....I want to come back as one of your dogs." It was the last laugh we had because she had her debilitating stroke that night.

Missy, no problem. I was in bed and he was just so cuddly. I always tell people I sleep with a big black man. :wink:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby furever_pit » January 18th, 2011, 2:20 pm

iluvk9 wrote:
mnp13 wrote:I'm another on the list of people who wants to be reincarnated as one of your dogs. :)

Michelle, after my Mom had her first stroke and was still able to speak, but it was "touch and go", she was going over the bank accts, insurance and other stuff. She leaned over and said, "One more thing....I want to come back as one of your dogs." It was the last laugh we had because she had her debilitating stroke that night.

Missy, no problem. I was in bed and he was just so cuddly. I always tell people I sleep with a big black man. :wink:

AHAHAHAHA! That made me spit out my milk.

I am glad that Truman is doing so well.
Sending y'all good vibes.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 18th, 2011, 6:58 pm

Just checking in to see how our boy is feeling. :)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » January 18th, 2011, 7:45 pm

My first day back at work and he seemed to do fine. :) I think he might have been in the same position I left him in. When he wears the e-collar, he sort of freezes in position. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby call2arms » January 18th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Indeed - how is the pony today?

call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby call2arms » January 18th, 2011, 7:47 pm

Whoa, we posted at the same time. I guess the e-collar has some good to it...

call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby iluvk9 » January 20th, 2011, 12:44 pm

He goes in for stitch removal today. I am thinking of letting him drive the SUV. He seems to be doing everything else. :rolleyes2:

I caught him playing with his feet.

iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » January 20th, 2011, 1:40 pm

:spit:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health