Royal Canin?

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby KaylasMomJenn » May 22nd, 2006, 10:35 am

After feeding Marshmallow Purina One for her first year, I switched her to Canidae. I went to the pet store this weekend and noticed that Royal Canin and Canidae have almost the exact same first few incredients. Is Royal Canin a good food? They were also having a sale on Diamond (which the trainer was pushing on us).

She was up to almost 70lbs, and has dropped down to 60. I'm not sure if its the change in her home life, losing her foster friend (and I was wondering if she was losing weight from running around with Jasmine so much and this was the first time she has been weighed since having our foster) or if maybe she came in to contact with Susie's poop and somehow got Susie's worms? If it was that simple for Marshmallow to catch them, then Jasmine might have them, too, and then all of Eric's dogs? Chris said she's been eating just fine (I bought the Royal Canin and she ate almost all of what I gave her when I was there) and she's been eating her raw bones just fine, too. You can tell she has slimmed up, she's gotten much leaner down her back (she was not fat, but very meaty-she looked good) just looking for some answers. Thanks all!
KaylasMomJenn
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » May 22nd, 2006, 12:51 pm

I feed Royal Canin to Oscar. I have had him on it for about 4 months now. So far it is the only food he's been on where I've been able to keep one of his skin infections (I feed Royal Canin Skin Support and Royal Canin Select Venicin and Rice Canned for his pills and for dinners at work) at bay with antihitamines alone, and that is saying a lot.

I'm sure many people will disagree but I think its a great kibble :|

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 22nd, 2006, 12:51 pm

Eric's dogs probably have worms anyway.

It's probably fine that the dog is leaner- was she plumper before?

I have only given Royal Canin to my cats and they do fine on it.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby msvette2u » May 22nd, 2006, 1:11 pm

Malli wrote:I feed Royal Canin to Oscar. I have had him on it for about 4 months now. So far it is the only food he's been on where I've been able to keep one of his skin infections (I feed Royal Canin Skin Support and Royal Canin Select Venicin and Rice Canned for his pills and for dinners at work) at bay with antihitamines alone, and that is saying a lot.

I'm sure many people will disagree but I think its a great kibble :|

Malli

I raised the litter we had on Royal Canin Sensible Choice puppy food. Kona ate it while she was nursing. As you could see in the gallery, they are chubby healthy puppies!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby KaylasMomJenn » May 22nd, 2006, 1:20 pm

She was kind of "plump" but she looked good. She is spoiled rotten so we give her whatever she wants.
Anyway, I'm glad some approve of the Royal Canin. I was trying to find something a little cheaper than Canidae which would be just as healthy for her. I am thanful that she has no allergies and she does good on whatever we feed her. Jasmine had some serious dandruff when we got her (eric fed her raw) and the Canidae did wonders for her coat, she was so soft and shiney and no more dandruff!
KaylasMomJenn
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Nutrition & Health