Emergency Surgery for Blockage

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Pit♥bull » February 22nd, 2010, 5:31 pm

Give Connor some hugs from us :) Gently
:hug3: :hug3: :hug3:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby call2arms » February 22nd, 2010, 7:10 pm

AAH! I just read this too, I'm SO glad that Connor is ok, and hope he bounces back shortly!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby mnp13 » February 22nd, 2010, 7:47 pm

I put an ice pack on the couch and he's laying on it. He seems pretty comfortable. :)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » February 22nd, 2010, 8:05 pm

Awwwww Connor! Lots of hugs from us!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Leslie H » February 22nd, 2010, 10:03 pm

Xanny says all the cool dogs have blockage surgery. Now Connor's in the club.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby mnp13 » February 22nd, 2010, 10:46 pm

Leslie H wrote:Xanny says all the cool dogs have blockage surgery. Now Connor's in the club.

It's a club we could have done without! lol

Matt brought him an inflatable e-collar for when he's in the crate. (Thanks again!) and I've been icing his incision.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby madremissy » February 22nd, 2010, 10:58 pm

Glad to see that he is home and on the mend.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » February 23rd, 2010, 1:25 am

mnp13 wrote: and I've been icing his incision.

I had a bizarro image when I read this...I pictured you squeezing icing out of a pastry tube onto his belly. Guess I need to head to bed...but so glad to hear that he's on the mend...and covered with sugary frosting. 8)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » February 23rd, 2010, 6:56 am

Can we get photos of HIS FACE? I don't want to see the incision, even if it has frosting on it, like Erin said.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » February 23rd, 2010, 10:14 am

iluvk9 wrote:Can we get photos of HIS FACE? I don't want to see the incision, even if it has frosting on it, like Erin said.

I want to see the "Get Well Soon" that she frosted onto his belly... :neener:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TinaMartin » February 23rd, 2010, 2:17 pm

I am just reading this Michelle. Poor puppy. Hope he continues to get better.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby amazincc » February 24th, 2010, 1:04 am

Where's the daily update??? >(

People worry. :shock:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby mnp13 » February 24th, 2010, 1:17 am

HE POOPED TWICE TODAY!

stinky, gross soft serve, but it was poop! YAY!

Last night he slept in the exact center of the bed.

I went up later than Demo and touched Connor in his sleep and heard soft growling. I was surprised, but figured after getting cut from sternum to PrivateBathingSuitArea, he was allowed to be grumpy. But then it went from grumping to continuous... very unlike Connor. I was quite concerned... then I turned the light on, and realized that the "growling" was coming from a little further up the bed; Demo was snoring.

I got in bed and had no room - and I mean none. He had inched so much comforter down below him on the bed that I could only cover up with the sheet past my shoulder. Ruby was ticked that she couldn't sleep in her usual spot along my side (because I was contorted around him) so she slept on my pillow with one leg under my neck and used me as a head rest. It was a less-than-comfortable arrangement. But I didn't have the heart to move him... so he slept like a baby... me? Not so much.

We had errands to do all day, so we brought him with us. He was in the crate in the car all day, but that gave us the opportunity to feed him and let him out. We thought that was better than being home in the crate... he'll be at work with me all week. He's supposed to eat 4-5 times a day, so it will be easier with him right with me. We have a fouton for him to lounge on.

Sorry about the late update!!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » February 24th, 2010, 1:29 am

mnp13 wrote:
I went up later than Demo and touched Connor in his sleep and heard soft growling. I was surprised, but figured after getting cut from sternum to PrivateBathingSuitArea, he was allowed to be grumpy. But then it went from grumping to continuous... very unlike Connor. I was quite concerned... then I turned the light on, and realized that the "growling" was coming from a little further up the bed; Demo was snoring.

LMAO

As for the rest... YAY! for pooping, YAY! for getting the "good" spot in the bed, YAY! for getting to go on errands and to work w/Mom, all that fun stuff. I'm so glad that he is doing well. :D :D :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Malli » February 24th, 2010, 3:37 am

Wow, the Royal treatment for Connor! :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby CinderDee » February 24th, 2010, 4:56 am

OMG! :spit:

I'm really glad to hear his recovery is going smoothly. You & Demo are good nurses! :mrgreen:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby mnp13 » February 24th, 2010, 4:56 pm

Brat Boy is tired of being sick... and busted out of his crate at my office.

Our new hire got a "crash" course in Connor... literally. :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » February 24th, 2010, 5:01 pm

mnp13 wrote:Brat Boy is tired of being sick... and busted out of his crate at my office.

Our new hire got a "crash" course in Connor... literally. :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:

:giggle:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Pit♥bull » February 24th, 2010, 5:03 pm

mnp13 wrote:Brat Boy is tired of being sick... and busted out of his crate at my office.

We want pictures :|
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby blabsforbullies » February 24th, 2010, 7:50 pm

:woowoo: :confetti: :woowoo: :confetti: :woowoo:

Glad all is going well! :dance:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health