Pink spot.

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Libby » January 26th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Eh, kind of an odd question I guess.

Umah has dark/black pigmented skin on her face. Over the last couple months I've noticed that the fur on her chin is turning gray, and tonight I noticed a very bright pink spot, on her chin just below her lip. It wasn't there a couple weeks ago and there hasn't been any wounds there, so I don't believe its fresh scar tissue.

I'm going to try to get her into the vet to have it checked out on Thursday, but I just wanted to see if there was anyone who might have a thought on what it is.

The spot isn't raised or anything, its just odd. I'll see if I can get a picture of it.
Love me, Love my dogs.
Libby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » January 27th, 2010, 4:15 am

can you get a picture? It kind of sounds like damaged tissue - she could have a "rub mark" and you didn't notice it.

Whenever Oscar gets pink skin where he normally has pigment its from some kind of trauma, even if I didn't notice it (which has happened a few times :rolleyes2: ), often thats how I figure out that he hurt himself. I only notice it on his lips and nose area.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » January 27th, 2010, 9:27 am

Malli wrote:Whenever Oscar gets pink skin where he normally has pigment its from some kind of trauma, even if I didn't notice it (which has happened a few times :rolleyes2: ), often thats how I figure out that he hurt himself. I only notice it on his lips and nose area.

Shorty and Tucker get those spots all the time, from diving for their toys. :shake: :lol3:

I'd like to see a pic, too.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Nutrition & Health