Bones

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby mnp13 » September 9th, 2006, 9:46 pm

Knomad - that sounds great! But why throw them away? There is great stuff for them in the marrow and in the bone itself. Let them grind away for a few days!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Knomad » September 9th, 2006, 10:00 pm

mnp13 wrote:Knomad - that sounds great! But why throw them away? There is great stuff for them in the marrow and in the bone itself. Let them grind away for a few days!

The ones I get are really fresh, usually having just had the meat taken off them. They come with chunks of flesh and muscle still attached and if I left them longer they start to smeel. Im also concerned about bacteria growing.

I opted for better safe than sorry and since I get them free I just give them a nice fresh set :D
Knomad
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » September 9th, 2006, 10:04 pm

cool.

If I have to take the bones away from my dogs I rinse them with water and throw them in the refrigerator. You might want to break them with a hammer sometimes and let the dogs get to some of the marrow. There is good stuff in there!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby rockermom » September 10th, 2006, 8:45 am

Thats why I washed the bone afraid of bacteria spreading all over my house. Since the marrow bone has been cleaned out by Rocky and washed by me this bone has been hanging around for a week and it is his favorite thing to chew on.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health