Mac vs The Area Rug

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby amazincc » January 11th, 2010, 4:37 pm

I still :heartbeat: him. I'm glad he's okay. :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Marinepits » January 11th, 2010, 7:18 pm

blabsforbullies wrote:A CUP of hydrogen peroxide?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: Hahahahahaha!!! LMAO

:cheeky3: I went from "God DAMMIT, MAC!!!" :mad2: to "Where is all the shredded rug?" :? to "SONNAVABITCH! BLOCKAGE!!!" :shock: in about two seconds, LOL. He's lucky I didn't give him the whole Costco-sized bottle in my panicked state! LMAO

I'm so glad I don't have to do another surgery on that dude.

Me, too. :lol3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » January 11th, 2010, 7:25 pm

Ino wrote:(aside from the occasional deer poop pile, which he recently vomited a few pounds of on my area rug :rolleyes2: )!!!!!

:shock: :puke: Dogs are SO nasty! :backRoll:

maberi wrote:How do you get him to take the peroxide? I always have a hell of a time with Kayden

I have a large syringe that I saved from when I had to give Shorty sub-q fluids a loooooooong time ago when she was uber-sick. Took the needle off and it works great for getting the hydrogen peroxide down the dogs' throats.

With Tucker and Indy, I need Steve to hold them down using doggy ju jitsu, then I shove the syringe in their mouths and lock my hand around their muzzles while they fight me like the Tasmanian Devil, LOL. Mac was like "Oh. You want to give me some more food? SURE!" and just opened his mouth (about four times before he realized that what I was giving him was really kinda gross.) :rolleyes2: :lol3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » January 11th, 2010, 7:29 pm

A turkey baster also works well. :|
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Marinepits » January 11th, 2010, 7:36 pm

I find there's better control with a syringe, but I have used a turkey baster in the past. The peroxide tends to drip out of the end of the baster and doesn't do that with a syringe -- therefore, the dog doesn't taste the grossness before it's shooting down his throat, LOL.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby maberi » January 12th, 2010, 9:37 am

Thanks, I've just had so much trouble trying to use a syringe with Kayden. It is like trying to hold a wild bull when you are by yourself

I usually end up mixing it with some milk or yogurt to get him to take it down
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Marinepits » January 12th, 2010, 10:04 am

maberi wrote: It is like trying to hold a wild bull when you are by yourself

Uh, yeah. Tucker is IMPOSSIBLE without another person there. How one smallish dog can all of a sudden be as strong as the Incredible Hulk is beyond me, LOL.

Have you tried "sneaking" the syringe into the corner of Kayden's mouth where his lips are all loose? The only other thing I've had luck with is soaking a piece of bread and making it into a mooshy ball.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 12th, 2010, 10:59 am

Could you please get us video or pictures of hubby doing doggy jujitsu? For educational purposes only, of course! :smileUp:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ArtGypsy » January 12th, 2010, 10:02 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Could you please get us video or pictures of hubby doing doggy jujitsu? For educational purposes only, of course! :smileUp:

oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I WANNA SEE THAT TOOOOO!!! :dance:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Marinepits » January 12th, 2010, 10:07 pm

If I can talk His Highness into posing for the pics, LOL. Don't hold your breath! :lol3:

Mac is pooping out pieces of rug today. :neutral:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby BigDogBuford » January 12th, 2010, 10:10 pm

Marinepits wrote:If I can talk His Highness into posing for the pics, LOL. Don't hold your breath! :lol3:

Mac is pooping out pieces of rug today. :neutral:

The bad ass GSD we had when I was growing up used to crap out bottle caps.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Marinepits » January 12th, 2010, 10:12 pm

LMAO That's awesome!
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby airwalk » January 13th, 2010, 12:39 am

Rug binders are your friend...and Mac is just too cute to be mad at for long. I gotta ask, what special ninja move did you use to get a cup of peroxide down him!
airwalk
I live here

Postby Malli » January 13th, 2010, 3:28 am

Oscar's mum used to poop out whole sport socks :shock:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » January 13th, 2010, 8:48 am

airwalk wrote:and Mac is just too cute to be mad at for long.

Glad you think so -- look for your UPS delivery of him today. :wave2:

I gotta ask, what special ninja move did you use to get a cup of peroxide down him!

Didn't have to -- he's the easy one! If he thinks it might be food, he'll gladly try to eat it. With as big and strong as he is, if he wanted to fight me over it, he'd win.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby airwalk » January 13th, 2010, 1:31 pm

Make sure you put plenty of holes in his box before the UPS guy picks him up...he's just handsome. Please send appropriate ninja moves to go with him.
airwalk
I live here

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health