Sleeping More????

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby ArtGypsy » December 12th, 2009, 7:38 pm

Now........I'm not complaining one bit............but Dar has been a whole lot sleepier than usual---for the past week or so, he tends to nap through most of the afternoon, in between times when we play....and the play time hasn't been as rigorous, since really bad/cold weather has hit.

He acts fine...........eats well,, is frisky when he plays, just seems to be content to pile up on the bed more than he used to.

Is a 'growing up thing'>..(he turned one Sept 1st), or a Winter thing?? :| Because, If he Has Seasonal Affective Disorder, I'm more than willing to sit him down and explain the benefits of sitting in front of a light box and getting more sunlight to hit his retina, thus stimulating his pineal gland to release less melatonin..... :dance:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
User avatar
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries
 
Posts: 946
Location: Eastern Nebraska

Postby amazincc » December 12th, 2009, 7:47 pm

Geez, woman... don't fix it if it ain't broke. :shock: :o

Mine are acting the same way - I think it's the cold weather/season, mostly. And I'm not about to complain - let sleeping dogs SLEEP! lol
User avatar
amazincc
Jessica & Mick
 
Posts: 9814
Location: Holding them both in my heart.

Postby Pit♥bull » December 12th, 2009, 7:48 pm

This is a common human disorder affecting many folks in Alaska.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1207

Postby ArtGypsy » December 12th, 2009, 7:50 pm

Pit♥Bull wrote:This is a common human disorder affecting many folks in Alaska.



I Know. :(
Maybe Dar Has It. We ARE in Nebraska,after all!!! :nono:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
User avatar
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries
 
Posts: 946
Location: Eastern Nebraska

Postby ArtGypsy » December 12th, 2009, 7:51 pm

amazincc wrote:Geez, woman... don't fix it if it ain't broke. :shock: :o

Mine are acting the same way - I think it's the cold weather/season, mostly. And I'm not about to complain - let sleeping dogs SLEEP! lol


OH I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy Cow, I can actually SIT for more than 3 minutes at a time!!!!!

I think I can actually live with this...LOL>..
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
User avatar
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries
 
Posts: 946
Location: Eastern Nebraska

Postby Pit♥bull » December 12th, 2009, 7:53 pm

I feel your pain :P
I spent a winter in Omaha :shock:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1207

Postby ArtGypsy » December 12th, 2009, 7:59 pm

Pit♥Bull wrote:I feel your pain :P
I spent a winter in Omaha :shock:


:o
Oh.
Then, Yes, perhaps You do Feel My Pain..... :mrgreen:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
User avatar
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries
 
Posts: 946
Location: Eastern Nebraska

Postby amazincc » December 12th, 2009, 8:05 pm

Do 23 winters in upstate NY count??? :dance:
User avatar
amazincc
Jessica & Mick
 
Posts: 9814
Location: Holding them both in my heart.

Postby ArtGypsy » December 12th, 2009, 8:13 pm

amazincc wrote:Do 23 winters in upstate NY count??? :dance:

MOST DEFINETLY!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just not sure they get the WIND we do here...with no trees/land, the wind can drop a temp. to 30 below wind chill in no time..whew...

Now I've got a REAL problem with Dar...back to start new thread.... :?
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
User avatar
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries
 
Posts: 946
Location: Eastern Nebraska

Postby Pit♥bull » December 12th, 2009, 8:21 pm

This is winter :D
alaska2003-127.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1207

Postby Malli » December 13th, 2009, 7:12 am

I'd watch him for anything else, but not worry :|

In particular you can look for, weight gain, hairloss, change in coat/skin, and change in appetite and attitude etc.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
_______________________________________
"You didn't know of the magical powers of the break stick? It's up there with genies and Harry Potter as far as magic levels go." SisMorphine 01/07/07
User avatar
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!
 
Posts: 6341
Location: CANADA EH?

Postby ArtGypsy » December 13th, 2009, 9:36 am

Malli wrote:I'd watch him for anything else, but not worry :|

In particular you can look for, weight gain, hairloss, change in coat/skin, and change in appetite and attitude etc.



Thank you .....I will!
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
User avatar
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries
 
Posts: 946
Location: Eastern Nebraska

Postby HappyChick » December 13th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Many winters in the Midwest and the Northern East Coast have shown me that it is a seasonal thing. My dogs are sleeping more too. They sleep more during the day and go to bed for the night much earlier too. I agree with Christine, let sleeping dogs lay. You will see a big difference when Spring gets here!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully
 
Posts: 701

Postby ArtGypsy » December 13th, 2009, 6:41 pm

HappyChick wrote:Many winters in the Midwest and the Northern East Coast have shown me that it is a seasonal thing. My dogs are sleeping more too. They sleep more during the day and go to bed for the night much earlier too. I agree with Christine, let sleeping dogs lay. You will see a big difference when Spring gets here!



Well, I'm likin' this New, Lazier Doggie........... :mrgreen:
Right now, He's in there, Playing Tug, Toss, Retrieve,Tug, with Gerry. He plays.......he runs, But he's just more apt to lay around than before....
Gives me more time in between Bursts of His Activity, TO REST and get other important things done...
(like PBT important business, lol))
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
User avatar
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries
 
Posts: 946
Location: Eastern Nebraska

Postby amazincc » December 13th, 2009, 6:46 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:Gives me more time in between Bursts of His Activity, TO REST and get other important things done...
(like PBT important business, lol))



I can actually go to the bathroom w/out hearing frantic pacing back and forth, someone trying to stick their nose under the door while inhaling deeply (and grunting like a hippo) to make sure I didn't climb out the window, or doing a 10-minute happy dance when I emerge after a 10-second pee.
I LIKE my sleepy winter dogs. :highfive: :D
User avatar
amazincc
Jessica & Mick
 
Posts: 9814
Location: Holding them both in my heart.

Postby ArtGypsy » December 13th, 2009, 6:53 pm

amazincc wrote:
ArtGypsy wrote:Gives me more time in between Bursts of His Activity, TO REST and get other important things done...
(like PBT important business, lol))



I can actually go to the bathroom w/out hearing frantic pacing back and forth, someone trying to stick their nose under the door while inhaling deeply (and grunting like a hippo) to make sure I didn't climb out the window, or doing a 10-minute happy dance when I emerge after a 10-second pee.
I LIKE my sleepy winter dogs. :highfive: :D



YES....cept Dar LUNGES at the Bathroom door, ramming his snorky-snookle into it, pushing it open. Just last night, I told him::"""Dar. Buddy.-----you're certainly not very subtle.... :nono:

But Yeah,,,I can sit here on the computer without a mouth full of toy pushing against my arm, or dropping in my lap.....
:rolleyes2:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
User avatar
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries
 
Posts: 946
Location: Eastern Nebraska

Postby airwalk » December 13th, 2009, 6:58 pm

I'm sewing...yay.. all four dogs (including little miss sassafrass) are sleeping....
User avatar
airwalk
I live here
 
Posts: 3791
Location: Oregon

Postby amazincc » December 13th, 2009, 7:01 pm

airwalk wrote:I'm sewing...yay.. all four dogs (including little miss sassafrass) are sleeping....



And she HAS been named. :wave2: :wink:
User avatar
amazincc
Jessica & Mick
 
Posts: 9814
Location: Holding them both in my heart.

Postby airwalk » December 13th, 2009, 7:20 pm

Truthfully, I figure I can call her just about anything, cause Vi and Jeanine will probably change it... :D and Sassafrass certainly fits.

I'm wondering if she isn't maybe a Border Terroris .. oops I mean terrier mix. I'm thinking she isn't going to get very big...but she certainly has confidence and attitude.
User avatar
airwalk
I live here
 
Posts: 3791
Location: Oregon


Return to Nutrition & Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot]

cron