Atopica

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby dlynne1123 » August 27th, 2009, 12:23 pm

I thought I posted this already, must have accidentally drafted.

Wanted some feedback on people using atopica on their bullies. Trying it now, on month two and getting good results. Expensive but good. Just wanted some feedback!

Thanks

Danielle
Ryder - Rescue APBT
Panser on a Roll - APBT (American Bully?)
Gretchen - the red headed cat that thinks shes a dog
Prudence - the new cat on the block to put the dogs in their place!
Punchlines Better Than Lojac - APBT (RIP)
dlynne1123
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » August 27th, 2009, 1:06 pm

I haven't used it myself, but worked at a veterinarians and I've only really heard good things.

One of the Dr's I work with uses it on his dog, he feels that the brand name Atopica meds are actually better, you can buy Cyclosporin A as a generic med, but he feels there is something in the capsule or form that the company compounds it that makes it so the dog doesn't have to use so much. He feels that when clients use the generic the dog ends up having to use more, he's not sure if it's because Atopica has something in it to aid in absorbtion or what but he said people end up having to use extra of the generic and by that time it's no longer cheaper.

But yeah, I've heard good things.

I can't afford it for Oscar :neutral:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby hugapitbull » August 27th, 2009, 1:16 pm

We used it on Trouble for the longest time after everything else had failed. She did great, got down to a pretty low maintenance dose so the cost wasn't too outrageous. She had to be taken off it when her cancer was discovered - it is contraindicated for animals with tumors.

I highly recommend it to those who have tried unsuccessfully to control the symptoms by other means. The only thing I would recommend is that you read the box insert instructions well and understand what they say. Also a warning for vaccinations - they must not be given live vaccines.

Hope it works as well for you as it did for us.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Return to Nutrition & Health