Please, good thoughts and prayers...

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby TheRedQueen » July 7th, 2009, 11:45 pm

As I said...we can help if needed. I don't "do" puppies...but I'll help bottle feed or whatever needs to be done.

also...I *might* know a bitch that just had a litter and might not be dried up yet...and I have friends that are used to little puppies. Let me ask around tomorrow and I'll let you know if I find anything.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby katiek0417 » July 7th, 2009, 11:57 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:As I said...we can help if needed. I don't "do" puppies...but I'll help bottle feed or whatever needs to be done.

also...I *might* know a bitch that just had a litter and might not be dried up yet...and I have friends that are used to little puppies. Let me ask around tomorrow and I'll let you know if I find anything.

Erin, thank you :hug3: I might take you up on that...I have someone who offered to take a few for foster-raise...so that will get me down a few!

Everyone, thank you...I'm overwhelmed with the sheer number of well wishes and offers of help. No where but PBT would anyone find this level of support.

I can't say enough to show my gratitude...

Erin, you know my number...I'll be home tomorrow all day to start puppy watch...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby TheRedQueen » July 8th, 2009, 12:11 am

I put an email out to the flyball team...I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow. I know one friend has a litter now...but they're papillions...and she's got her hands (paws) full with her pups still. I don't know if she has a poodle with milk still...I'll see what she says tomorrow.

:hug3: Just let me know what I can do...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby amazincc » July 8th, 2009, 1:09 am

Dammit... I wish you didn't live so far from me. I'm totally up for bottle feeding puppies. :sad2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby cheekymunkee » July 8th, 2009, 2:10 am

If she is so close would it not be possible just to take them so she can start on the road to recovery? I am sure it wont be an easy surgery to do a c section plus repair but at least it is a start. :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby katiek0417 » July 8th, 2009, 5:33 am

cheekymunkee wrote:If she is so close would it not be possible just to take them so she can start on the road to recovery? I am sure it wont be an easy surgery to do a c section plus repair but at least it is a start. :|

I've thought about that...and I asked the vet last night, and he wouldn't do it.

I'm going to call Chuck today to ask if he'll do it tomorrow...if he won't, I'm going to ask to bring her up on Monday (the pups will be here by then) to have him repair her belly. Her skin has started to slough...

In the meantime, I'm going to try to find a nursing female that might be able to help out...

Once the puppies are here, I'm going to beg and plead with friends to help out...

This was her belly this morning (I posted the links so that if people don't want to actually see her belly they won't have to):

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/ ... CN0763.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/ ... CN0762.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/ ... CN0761.jpg

Anywhoo...I can't thank all of you enough for everything...So many of you have offered help and kind words...thank you SO very much. Without you guys, I'm not sure I'd be having a whole lot of hope right now... :groupHug:

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby iluvk9 » July 8th, 2009, 6:06 am

I will post on my Golden forum that you may be in need of a Mom dog to nurse. Seems everyone's dog there is always pregnant. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby katiek0417 » July 8th, 2009, 6:09 am

iluvk9 wrote:I will post on my Golden forum that you may be in need of a Mom dog to nurse. Seems everyone's dog there is always pregnant. 8)

Thank you, Joyce...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 8th, 2009, 7:04 am

Oh Katrina her tummy looks so ouchie! :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby katiek0417 » July 8th, 2009, 9:16 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Oh Katrina her tummy looks so ouchie! :(

I know... :cry:

I'm waiting to hear back from Adam (one of my vets that I use regularly)...he's calling his partner to see if she can come in today so they can both work on Dru...they would be doing a c-section and taking care of her belly at the same time...

And, he seems to be optimistic that while she may not be able to take care of the babies completely, she might be able to at least help...he said that doing it this way will be less painful than letting the skin slough off...although she'll still be ouchie a little...but a lot less so...

Send those good thoughts coming, please....

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby LMM » July 8th, 2009, 9:22 am

Oh man her belly! I am keeping you guys in my thoughts that things go well no matter what route you take!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Hoyden » July 8th, 2009, 9:33 am

Katrina, let me know if you need me to build something to support or help her. I saw a mention somewhere of a belly band to protect her stomach, let me know if you need this made. I can make several out of a stretch material that won't catch on stitches.

I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to make a vest of sorts that you can put on her to cover all of the open areas to protect them & keep them clean, but still allow the puppies to climb on her etc.... It could be made with velcro for easy on & off.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby TheRedQueen » July 8th, 2009, 9:49 am

One of my flyball friends works at a vet clinic...and she'll be putting a call out today for a possible surrogate mom...she'll let me know later.

TheRedQueen

Postby katiek0417 » July 8th, 2009, 9:59 am

TheRedQueen wrote:One of my flyball friends works at a vet clinic...and she'll be putting a call out today for a possible surrogate mom...she'll let me know later.

Thank you, Erin...so much!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby TinaMartin » July 8th, 2009, 12:42 pm

Wow that looks ouchy! I will continue to send good thoughts!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby madremissy » July 8th, 2009, 12:43 pm

Good thoughts coming for you and Dru right now.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » July 8th, 2009, 12:49 pm

I might have another lead on a surrogate...still waiting for more info.

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » July 8th, 2009, 1:18 pm

I was just contacted by someone in my area who has a female who whelped about a week and a half ago. She's willing to take one or two puppies. Erin, if your surrogate works out that would probably be better simply due to distance and logistics, but keep us updated!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » July 8th, 2009, 1:33 pm

Good thoughts Katrina! Pat your girl for me.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » July 8th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Golden forum member is contacting someone in MD that may have be able to help.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health